Kawasaki issues stop sell on 2011 ZX-10

Discussion in 'General' started by Sweetpea, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It hasn't been answered and it won't be answered. That's it, the end of the story. There will be guesses and someone somewhere down the line may have a pretty good idea but I doubt Kawi will ever flat out say what happened.

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Sorry to get ya going but after reading this thread in it's entirety and never finding a valid "reason", I made the mistake of asking a question. :bow:

3. SomeGuy

SomeGuy Active Member

Bad batch of nikisil cylinder coating wears off immediately.

Now you can tell people, "SomeGuy on the BBS says it's a bad batch of nikisil cylinder coating."

4. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

still wrong...

5. SomeGuy

SomeGuy Active Member

OK, revered canuck graybeard of the classic superbike era, if the cylinder bore nikisil wearing out immediately isn't the problem, what do you say it is?

A symptom of crooked bores? A product of weird rings? What?

6. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

the Ninja stickers were the wrong font....:)

7. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Wrong blinker fluid.

8. RedReplicant

RedReplicant Well-Known Member

They switched up the powerbands.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While I'm thinking about it since this thread keeps popping up - Sweetpea - you never did tell me where you work. I think thins time you'll have until I wake up tomorrow to answer.

One other question, did you really think I didn't know who you were?

10. 418

418 Expert #59

I think I said something like that about 9 pages ago. :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, it didn't take then so I thought I'd give it another shot. Prolly won't work this time either :)

12. Potts N Pans

The Ninja Union filed a lawsuit against Kawasaki for copyright and trademark infringement...since they have used that name for a few hundered years before the bikes were ever built.

They would have filed sooner....but they don't use modern technology and have been training up in the hills, so they only just found out about this on a recent mission at the Kawasaki factory

13. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Just a few more answers and we'll have the 10 reasons!

14. Potts N Pans

15. Fent

Fent I'm Registered??

And now a gem of a quote from the Shervinator.....

It is not the matter if they are going to happen or not! The fact is that They ALREADY DID Happened (designed and made) and they already DID Worked!!!
    ShervinRRR

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Todd

16. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Whoa, back off, he's D3m3n73d. With a name like that, he might cast a misspell on you.

They said some engine parts. Seriously, we all know there are only 4 engine parts, and thus anybody who knows would deduce which ones they are.

17. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

as far as i know the problem that caused the aprilia engine recall was never disclosed, i doubt kawasaki will say what the exact problem was either

18. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

I thought the issue with the aprilia's was pretty public? Con rod deficiencies caused by a supplier that was casting them (or is it forging?) and then bending them to ensure staightness which was inducing some sort of metal fatigue.

Of course I could have that all wrong.

19. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

20. LBKING

LBKING Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried asking baby jesus what the recall is about?