1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any thoughts on the new honda600RR

Discussion in 'General' started by C.Joy, Jun 15, 2003.

1. C.Joy

C.Joy Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anybody has had a chance to get a race prepped 600RR on the track. I know that there was a black one with expert plates at Nashville during the national weekend several weeks ago. I was wondering what people had to say about it. i've read several articles but I would like to ask someone who spent there own $$$. I 'm trying to talk my self out of new bike fever.

2. Mark91ex

Mark91ex Leg-Over!

600RR

I'm the one that was at Nashville. I really enjoy ridding the bike. It has great power compared to the Yamahas and is probably one of the best handling bikes I have ever ridden, once GMD was finished with it. All publications say that the bike is heavy but once you lose the stock exhaust the major weight differance is gone. M4 makes an awesome Ti exhaust for it. The only thing that I saw that was any problem was that the bike was alittle slow in the mid range, but some cam timing helped all that.
    Maybe this will help you in making your decision. Any question you have feel free to ask.
    :beer:

3. svstinker

svstinker Well-Known Member

old math

honda's wera national contingency-

1st-$2,000.00
    2nd-$1,500.00
    3rd-$1,000.00
    4th-$750.00
    5th-$500.00

4. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

Re: 600RR

I can't take much more this. I too really like the reports of the Honda. I don't need one I tell ya, I don't. But I sure do want one. :D

Problem is that $7k wouldn't do much for puchasing one, much less setting one up for the track. And the spares...forgeddaboudit.

5. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

new math how many races pay honda?? how many for yamaha? then you got the bigge Suzuki and suzuki cup....

6. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

But Suzuki sux:Poke: Nothing can replace good ole Honda reliability(at least compared to $uzuki$):D

7. C.Joy

C.Joy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to talk myself out of a new bike, but I'm tired of getting smoked off the corners. Anyone need a clean f4i:D

8. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

9. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

10. sv tinker

sv tinker Well-Known Member

Good article but yamaha pays only $500.00 for 2nd and $250.00 for 3rd and nada for 4th & 5th. old math says honda pays better especially if your not consistently on the podium.

11. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Sounds like you need a Yamahammer!! :clap: :beer:

12. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

I haven't ridden one yet but all I know is that I saw Jeff Wood absolutely destroy the CCS competition up at Loudon may17-18. well he got 2nd in the supersport race but other than that the guy was just blazing away from everyone all day. he turned a 1:12.7 there, that is fucking fast as all hell. talk about riding like your hair is on fire...