Top Gear US- back on the front burner again?

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

That Evo drift thing probably would have been entertaining, if they didn't post that all over the internet, and mainly youtube, back in April.

2. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Adam Ferrara cant even do a rolling burnout...

enough said...

and that jackass from Lost, so full of himself cuz he beat Buzz by 10 seconds...dude, show some respect. the man actually accomplished something in his life, unlike you, a second rate actor who just happened to land on a show that exploded.

3. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

I like Tanner, he is a legit driver.

The other two.... gtfo.

4. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

this show sucks

5. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

I am growing to like Tanner.He does sound like a real car person.The other 2 seem like Fill in and no idea about cars period.

6. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I thought the show could not get any worse.....I was wrong.

7. white79bu

white79bu Well-Known Member

I don't think the show is too bad. The dude from lost is a wack job and shouldn't have been on the show. But it is better than nothing.

8. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

Well said sir. :beer:

9. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Cut this shyt off now. Its so bad, it seems like is all some big prank done by the cast from SNL teasing the real Top Gear show on BBC.

10. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Best part was the dog pissing on the floor.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Saw the second one, still sucks, still has potential.

12. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

Well we know how the dog feels about the show.

The sad part is a blind man could outride the other 2 douchebags

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Evo episode of it is on now. The skinny gay dude is crap. He does the pitch like he's selling calvin klein underwear to a hipster doofus.

3 minutes in and I HATE it.

Edit: it's the Foust guy. He can drive but he's like buying calvin klein underwear from a really really gay guy.

14. 6_Myles

6_Myles Well-Known Member

I really think that their delivery is a huge part of the problem.

When the "I have a beard to camouflage my double chin" dude was reviewing the Aston Martin V12 his delivery just flat and emotionless. His accent is neither here, nor there, zero facial expression and his inflection is shit.

There's just no life to any one of the three presenters, no swagger and certainly no attitude.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's why I'm willing to give them time. They're new and right now they seem totally lost trying to fill the shoes of the UK guys. There is still a chance they can find their own rhythm and style and turn it into something.

16. Brian Driver

Brian Driver Well-Known Member

I am watching the 2nd ep now. And I thought it couldn't get any worse. This fat dude in the Aston Martin is a chode. He has no clue and can't talk worth a shit. The Evo with tanner was ok but they took it direct from a UK Top Gear with Richard Hammond. He did that back in 2008. God this sucks.

17. Erz

Erz Well-Known Member

I stopped watching. Tanner Foust is a homo.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They need to stop trying to do a carbon copy of the UK show. It comes across as a carbon copy or a carbon copy of a fax of a water damaged 1970's playboy centerfold with a wang drawn on the chick.

19. 6_Myles

6_Myles Well-Known Member

Part of me says that too but I also think that they had a successful model to structure their show after, the ability to choose top notch hosts and access to a large target audience and they've f'ed it all up.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Replace the little jersey hair knuckled dude with Scott Russell. Can't make it worse.