1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YZF750 needs some winter love

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by OWO1, Nov 11, 2010.

1. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

The YZF750 is tired, after a few years of track use compression is well below spec. JE / Weisco no longer make anything for this bike, so Im looking to the board for help. Anyone have any pistons / rings?

I'm pulling the engine and plan on tearing it down so I'm also looking for cams / rods / crank if anyone some race parts on the shelf.

My buddy keeps telling me to use the money and get a newer bike, but thats lame.

Thanks!

2. 418

418 Expert #59

FZR1000 motor with 6 speed transmission. :up:

3. DavePhipps

DavePhipps Active Member

JE will make custom pistons. The form is on thier site. I'd go that route but I'm too broke.

4. motogpwerks

motogpwerks Active Member

I have a set or two but they are used? but i think they only had 400-500miles on each set...out off my owo1 superbike if that helps

5. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Call Road Atlanta and see if you can get in touch with Bill Brown.He has a swank Yamaha collection. :up:

6. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

YZF750

Motogpworks,
    Are they OW01 or YZF750 Pistons? I'd love to see some pics your your superbike, I'm a huge OW01 fan!

KJ, already looking to see what Bill Brown has but so far a "no go" on pistons.

If nothing pops up I may have to go with a 1000cc mill, as I can only imagine what JE would charge for a new set of pistons.

7. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

YZF750

Found that Yamaha offers a +.050 piston for the YZF750. Has anyone ever used OEM oversized pistons and how they would rate them compared to a JE or Wiseco.

8. Kwakanut

Kwakanut Well-Known Member

Cast or forged?

9. rx49

rx49 Active Member

Bill Brown's contact info:
    404-379-6091

he has LOTS of Yamaha OW parts and bikes, he may be able to help you

10. motogpwerks

motogpwerks Active Member

sorry for late reply (been overseas) yes they are owo1 ...you can just have them if that helps and works...i have a set of barrels for a fzr1000 and superbike pistons as well also

11. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input from the board. Motogpworks, thank you for the offer.

I found a new 856cc kit and am going to go down that road. Anyone ever used one of these kits B4??

:rock:

12. shawn449

shawn449 Biscuit

Any one know if Bill Brown has a email or is he on the BBS Iam in need of some YZF-750 race parts

13. RdRcr150

RdRcr150 Well-Known Member

Bill is not computer literate...call him is the best.

14. CBR723

CBR723 Well-Known Member

JE is not really bad on the price but custom pistons i think they have a minimum of 8 at a time so you would have to get 2 sets. what they told me one time anyway