1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XT Racing Lap Timer

Discussion in 'General' started by Red Fox Racing, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Bought a new XT lap timer at the beginning of the year. It has been working well until the last couple of races. Eating batteries, turning on then off on its own, ect. Sent it back right before Road Atlanta, they turned it in one day and I had it for RA. It worked well the entire morning of practice on Friday but in the afternoon started acting up again. Finally had a day off from work to call XT and ask what we could do to fix the problem. The young lady on the phone simply said, " I am sending you a new timer, just return the old one." We read so much on this forum about bad service, that I just had to let everyone know what an incredible company this is. Fantastic customer service. Well done XT Racing!!!! :up:

2. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I second XT's fantastic cuustomer service. I sent in a malfuntioning laptimer a few weeks ago and they essentially fixed it for free. They only charged me shipping and it was definitely not in the warranty period anymore.

3. cspencer123

cspencer123 250R Must pedal faster

Glad to hear it peter,

Now I expect a report of your practice laps BEFORE you even get your helment off:crackup:

All seriousness aside, I have the mini XT w/ beacon and it works great.
    I only use it at track days though:tut:, so no times until they post 'em(yes I run my TX in practice):D

BTW J/K:Poke:

4. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

+1 XT Racing does have terrific customer service.

5. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

Bump. Was having trouble with my "mini" lap timer...emailed XT....they sent me a new one with a shipping label to send the old one back to them.

That's the way it should be done.

6. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

The GPX Pro rocks !! It shows you many details. :up:

7. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Interesting thread...I have been having constant trouble with my XT that I bought new at the beginning of the season. Every event it starts out working but by race time in the early afternoon it starts shutting off and then eventually just quits all together. Im wondering if its a heat issue or whatever. Guess I had better call XT about it myself. I was just hoping it would work itself out. Maybe they just got a bad batch.

8. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

The only bad stories you'll ever hear about XT laptimers are the large numbers on the display that never seem to decrease no matter how much faster you think you are getting. Great peeps.

9. Bosarge22

Bosarge22 Active Member

I just sent in my XT, it quit working completely. I did a search and they seem to have great CS but I'm wondering if there is something that keeps going bad on these timers. Anyone with more info on XT's going down would be greatly apreciated.
    Thanks.

10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

You have to have it connected to the bike to get those details Scott! :D

11. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

My XT lap timer sucks. It's about 10 seconds off at any given track....

12. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

This may be too subtle to diagnose over the internet.

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I took my Timer by their office in Alpharetta yesterday since I work around the corner.... I assumed it had a bad display since it was Blank for the last few Months... David grabbed it walked to the back and brought it up fixed in 4 Minutes... Contrast settings were the issue.. I was floored byt the service they gave.. Great People, Great Dog and Great Timers..
    Thanks David again!!

Marc

14. Bosarge22

Bosarge22 Active Member

I wish mine was just a contrast setting. I should hear back from them soon.

15. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

I suggest a healthy dose of TTFP (Twist Throttle Facking Pussy) and check it again. :D:D

At least that's what the guys I ride with tell me all the time.. lol.

16. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

My skirt blows up when I give it too much throttle.

17. watskooo

watskooo Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure mine suffers from this defect as well!!

+1 to XT Racings customer service though, super cheap to repair mine when I sent a used one in to them and quick turnaround time too.

18. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

That would explain the throttle set up you use.

19. Bosarge22

Bosarge22 Active Member

I got my XT back, it had a fried mother board. $44 for the repair. Good service.