Pirelli Diablo Superbike PRO Slicks.....

Discussion in 'Tech' started by XFBO, Jul 27, 2010.

1. wrm170

wrm170 Well-Known Member

2. parapuke

parapuke Well-Known Member

Check with John.
    [email protected]

3. grubb

grubb Well-Known Member

ctracing

4. iuhutch

iuhutch Member

Anyone have recommened cold pressures for the diablo superbike pro's?

5. wrm170

wrm170 Well-Known Member

same as the superbike's around 28rear 30front

6. grubb

grubb Well-Known Member

cold pressure in Cali is f 29 r 25, straight from my pirelli distributer.

7. Leoist

Leoist Member

Just bought a set from Brian at the NESBA trackday store to mount on my new OZ wheels. $379 w free shipping for the 120/180 set. Now I've got mounted rain and mounted dry tires for my R6. No more worries about the weather.

Call Brian at (262) 951-8172, tell him I sent you.

Leo

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  8. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

That's hot off the track. Well almost hot off the track. YMMV. :beer:

9. HobbesHas1

HobbesHas1 Well-Known Member

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

From the looks of those they appear to wear like iron. Either Mr. Hill is extrodinarily smooth on a perfectly setup suspension or those tires show like no signs of wear.

But it sounds like they still grip like crazy. Nice combination indeed.

So I'm assuming they aren't affected by multiple heat cycles then, if no need for warmers in between sessions to keep them from cycling?

11. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

12. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Actually that was cold pressures first thing in the morning per the Pirelli guy. I put a 180 pro on the rear at miller earlier this week, didn't notice much difference between that and the DOT race tire I used the day before. This was on an R6. Ask Zoran about the wear, I think he has a wera endurance race and more than a few trackdays on the Pro that is mounted on the rear of his SV. And for those that don't know Ken, there are few smoother on a bike than him.

13. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

From my experience running Pirellis for six years here on the East Coast they don't give you cold pressures. Again YMMV. FWIW I have been running 31/25 hot off the track, that was about 29/22 cold.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  14. steven_george88

steven_george88 Well-Known Member

These tires are awesome for trackday riders. I ran a set at two trackdays this summer and the things look almost new yet, grip and feedback were awesome. If we were still endurance racing I would strongly consider these tires for racing on, great grip and the wear is just incredible. It was suggested to me by a Pirelli distributor that these tires are probably capable of running 2-3 seconds off the pace of the top expert lap times, and I think that's pretty accurate. I would say that they are the perfect tire for nearly every trackday rider. distributor recommended cold pressures of 28 F, 25 R, or hot pressures of 32F 27R, and it felt good to me.

In case you can't tell, I was really impressed with how little they wore given their grip.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

16. DarkKnight750

DarkKnight750 Member

bump...

I just picked up a set of these and will be running them on Sunday. What pressures should I be looking for whilst on the warmers just before going out? So far (from this thread and some others) it's looking like:

(cold) f 29 r 25
    (on the warmers) f ?? r ??
    (hot off track) f 32 r 27

17. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Chris Ulrich has a review of them in the latest RRW.

18. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

And gave them the first honest assessment I've read about them.

I'm not sure what need these tires are filling.

19. Aktion

Aktion Active Member

Which can be summed up in one sentence as... ?

Anyway, I've used them but I haven't formed an opinion yet, because every session got interrupted by rain.

20. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

Roadracing World did a review of these tires in the current issue.