1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track bodywork paint jobs...

Discussion in 'General' started by bird_dog0347, Nov 12, 2010.

1. bird_dog0347

bird_dog0347 Major League Infidel

This is how she looked before I stripped it down and started the process, but how she looked all year. No pics of where it is now or what I am painting, but I will post up when done cause it is gonna look hot!

Attached Files:

2. AR1

AR1 Member

$560 for Sharkskinz when they were doing 25% off in September. Paint to match the tank was $100. Body guy named Dan found on craigslist sanded and painted them all one color for $100. I want decals to finish it off.

3. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

Getting it painted by someone else is expensive but once you try to do it yourself you understand why.

4. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Anybody ever try that Trackwrap stuff? It seems a bit cheaper but I imagine it would be a possible nightmare to put it on with bubbles, crimping of material, etc.

5. Bart#72

Bart#72 Well-Known Member

6. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Never could understand why

more folks just don't go with the single color w/ any/all color vinyl applied strategically, total cost under a $100.
    Much easier to get a much better looking result than trying to paint and have it come out looking like something no so shitty.

7. ChilBlake

ChilBlake Well-Known Member

I've painted a couple sets myself because I couldn't justify paying for a professional to do it. The first time I used a friend's cheap spray gun and had Sherwin Williams Auto Center match the color of my tank and then cleared over it. It turned out okay but definitely didn't have a professional look. After a season of bugs and rock chips I decided to repaint it. Since I had done it once before I got a little more bold and decided to use multiple colors. Instead of using a cheap spray gun this time, I was told of compressed air can called the Prevalve System. It is just a can of compressed air but it gives you a much more consistent flow of air verses a rattle can. It has a glass jar that screws onto the bottom where you add your custom paint color. I was really impressed with the outcome and have had tons of people ask where I had the bike painted. The best part was I only invested approximately $80 for three colors, two of which were custom blends, primer, reducer, hardener and clear. The only advise I really have is to take your time during prep and to error on the side of spraying thin. You can always spray another layer. It is a bitch to sand runs.

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=265167

8. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

trackwraps are good people, like anything if you take your time you can do it they have some videos on there site, it just takes some patience

9. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

give me a call if you need anything

10. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I did this tail for a guy a while back. Turned out OK. Candy red over the silver pearl. Masked off the silver for the stripes. Pics dont do the candy justice though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

for the truth

12. jeremyv

jeremyv Well-Known Member

+1 for DSWENS Andrew is hands down one of the best in the business. He has one hell of a skill and his business ethics are top notch. So I would suggest anyone lookin for paint to at least give him and shot.

13. AR1

AR1 Member

Soon!

For anyone who is curious, this is what $200 gets you where I live:

[​IMG]

14. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Sometimes you get a lap or two in also. :crackup: