mint.com

Discussion in 'General' started by six6two, Nov 7, 2010.

1. six6two

six6two AWD

Anybody use it? Thoughts?

2. OptimizedGSXR

OptimizedGSXR Well-Known Member

Yes, it's cute.

I only use it to track my stuff - all the other money saving options don't really apply to me.

3. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I've used it for this entire year.

It's nice to have one site give you a quick look at your entire portfolio.

4. dmb367

dmb367 Custom User Title A

It doesn't do much for me. Two of my bank accounts aren't able to sync, it always has my 401k and Scottrade account f-ed up, and its just too much for me to sort all of my transactions. It could be nice, but you have to put some time into it to get anything useful out of it.

I do like knowing how little money I am worth though :)

5. six6two

six6two AWD

Seems pretty good just for keeping everything organized and in one place. Mobile app seems cool and convenient too...

6. OptimizedGSXR

OptimizedGSXR Well-Known Member

7. ccmhunt

ccmhunt Well-Known Member

I cancelled as it would only sync with my bank the first time.

8. Steverin06

Steverin06 Well-Known Member

My wife uses it to show me how much I spend on bike shit. It's fucking scary.

9. SPATT

SPATT In a gravel pit near you

I only have one problem with it and thats you have all your information in one place, account numbers, login information....

10. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

I use it to track my expenditures, the mobile app is great. Does take some time to get set up properly

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

i've always used quicken

12. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

is it free?

13. socalrider

yeah. they "offer" you all kinds of things based on their analysis of your account. basically sending you emails on how you can save money from their affiliates.

it is created and owned by Intuit, the same company that makes turbo tax.

14. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

cool, I might give it a shot. The idea of punching all my account info into their DB kinda scares me though.

15. six6two

six6two AWD

That's all I was worried about, but I've looked and haven't found any horror stories, it all seems legit. I'll let you guys know if I find otherwise :D

16. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

I have been using it for about 6 months. Set my accounts up, seems OK, some of my investment accounts are jacked though. One shows up twice both as the total, and the individual holding, so lets say I see 10k for the account, then 5K in fund Y and 5K in fund Z, so it shows me the same money twice. Another account only syncs every 10th time it seems. Gives me a good snapshot of my budget which is nice. Get to see where the $$ is going. And one good thing, It only sees the $ i pay on my credit card, not the $$ I put ON the card

17. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I use it and I love it. And I can pretty much guarantee, having worked on similar financial systems in the past, that their data center would be a far more secure place to store your financial data than your own computer or even your home.

18. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

+1 I love it!

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

fixerated it for you ;)

and they also make Quicken.

20. socalrider

thanks, i wasnt aware that they didnt create it.

i like it and use it frequently anyway.