1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

675 or sv650

Discussion in 'General' started by BURGIO, Nov 4, 2010.

1. BURGIO

BURGIO Well-Known Member

I raced all last year on my 675, but im debating on turning my sv650 in the garage into my new race bike for next year.

Thoughts, ideas.

2. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

you were doing great on the 675. with some changes for next year you will only get better.

that being said, SV's are nothing but fun.

3. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

After a 675, you would hate the SV on the track

4. BURGIO

BURGIO Well-Known Member

If I had the money id race both.

Maybe once I get the 675 some suspension id feel differently.

5. RENCRN8

that is a very presumptuous(sp?) statement.

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Apples to pineapples, though both are cool if you're racing against the same type.

7. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

i rode my new gsxr on the track friday. wasnt even race prepped yet but after i didnt want to get back on my sv...

sv racing is fun but i love the power of the 600... just saying

8. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Sounds like something to put more money into. That being said, they are pretty cheap to race. Everyone loves their SV's

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Even a Hawk guy can learn to develop some love. Not there yet, but working on it.:D

But I like the fit of the 675. I have not ridden it yet. I call my brother today and asked him to make room on the garage. I think I may go for the newest 675 from MV.

10. ofcounsel

ofcounsel Above the Law

Not true.

I tracked a 675 for 3 years, raced it for 1 year. After adding up my yearly tire expenses, I switched to racing an SV650. I've been racing SV's for 2 years now and absolutely love it. I wouldn't go back to a 675 now. Well.... Maybe the new MV Agusta 675:beer:

11. RENCRN8

I agree. My racing went SV --> 675 --> SV.

12. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Do you think it may be a case of liking the lightweight classes vs. middleweight?

I like racing my 675, but I not too thrilled with the clusterfck that is middleweight.

13. ofcounsel

ofcounsel Above the Law

That's part of it. I do like the twins lightweight groups. Riders tend to be a little older, wiser, and just generally open to having beers and bench racing after the real race. But there's also an aspect of "racing is racing." Although our top speeds may be a bit slower, we are all still really dicing it up out there. It's a lot of fun without the huge tire expense.

14. BURGIO

BURGIO Well-Known Member

That's part of it.

Hell part of the problem is I always like to change things.

Too bad there isn't a race bike rental program or something.

15. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

Do it! You can't have too many race bikes. :beer:

16. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

someone finally speaks some common sense in this place!

17. Keep the 675. :D

18. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

+1 keep the 675, you can't go wrong

19. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Oh but there is, not an SV but still a lot of fun http://www.rentmyninja.com/

20. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Like suburbanrancher said, apples to pineapples. I've raced a 675 for three years, but I've done some endurance races in there on an SV. Enjoyed both bikes but they are just different. (and your tire bill will be less on the SV - got stacks of 675 takeoffs in the garage, need any?)