1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rotella oil question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by blankwall, Nov 3, 2010.

1. blankwall

blankwall Well-Known Member

I have only found rotella oil in 15w-40? Is that what you guys use? I usually just use a 10-30 but have heard this stuff is the best and am giving it a go. I through it in for the last track day of the year and will probably change it in the spring. http://www.ruralking.com/oil-rotell...&cvsfa=1908&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=303830323430303236 Thats what im using. Ill probably swtch to the synthetic but heard nothing but good things about both.

2. beathiswon

beathiswon Well-Known Member

Only come in one weight each for the synth and non-synth versions and probably as good as any oil sold. Let the flaming war begin!!!

3. blankwall

Alright thanks a bunch thats what i heard like stated im running non synth probaby switch in the spring. Any problems with the weight of the oil?

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

T6 5w-40 I think it is.

5. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

You might want to do some research on the ACTUAL centistoke viscosity at 100 centigrade. It's quite high. 5 or 10 40 would serve you better.

6. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

If I had the nads I would run 5-30 synth.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

big ones like coconuts

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The T6 5w-40 and T Triple protection 15w-40 are both JASO MA certified. That means they will not make your wet clutch slip. Their T5 blend is not JASO MA certified and they (Shell) do not recommend you run it in a motorcycle with wet clutch.

9. blankwall

So you guys think i can just keep using the regular? Its so cheap!!!haha

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Wallyworld sells a gallon of T6 for $20. Isn't that cheap enough?

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

12. blankwall

Yeah $200 is cheap haha I woulda got that but they were all out and i needed the oil change bad

13. blankwall

i meant 20

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Rotella 15/40 here.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I noticed Advance Auto is stacked to the gills with the stuff lately. Didn't look at the price, I've got enough :)

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

its $25 per jug at advanced... but you can buy online and save like 40% with online coupons.

17. fastnotch2002

fastnotch2002 Well-Known Member

My buddie runs the 5w40 syn in his drag bike the last 2 years no problems :up:

18. Tractionless

Tractionless Well-Known Member

I run the semi-syn. as I have read a few instances of bikes running full-synthetic and had clutch slippage problems. Upon drain and refill with another oil their problems went away.

19. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

I run the T6 synthetic 5w40 in everything I change the oil in. I have never had any issues.

20. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

The T6 5w-40 and 15w-40 are not JASO MA certified. Shell merely states that they meet the JASO MA spec. If the oil was independently tested to meet the spec, then the bottles would have the JASO seal on them. They do not.

Regardless of that, I use it in all my bikes.:up: