1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do when the boss is an a-hole?

Discussion in 'General' started by pashlit, Oct 29, 2010.

1. pashlit

pashlit Well-Known Member

Solve the puzzle.
    What to do when your boss knows less than you do, behaves like an a-hole but he is a friend of the founder of the company and thats why he is the boss??

2. eboos

eboos Slowski

Find a new job. Honestly, that's the only answer unless you can just suck it up.

You can't change people, and it's unlikely that you will educate them.

3. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I buy myself a cup of coffee...
    Technically I don't know less than I do, but then again like most workers I think I know more than I do.:)

4. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

If is he a prick to everyone? or just you?

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

know that in any pissing match you WILL lose.

Take a giant bite of the shit sandwich that's on your plate or quietly start looking for another job.

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

That was my question too. :p

7. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

If you are miserable then you just need to leave. Eventually he will dig his own hole, but are you patient enough to wait that long?

8. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

come into work really early and shit in his office:up:

9. pashlit

He is a prick in general. He is afraid of everything and "Mister always right and I am THE BOSS" type of people. If you say something to him that is the opposite of what he thinks he just starts boiling. Cant keep his emotions at all.

10. pashlit

I just dont care. I just do what I am supposed to do and not more...anymore. I ll suck it up until I find something else.

11. gsxr03_600

gsxr03_600 Well-Known Member

You don't travel to GA everyday do ya? It sounds like we work together:D Unfortunatly this is true with most chiefs in the workplace. Think they know it all and b/c he's friends with the owner/president of a company they can be pricks to whoever they want. I work for a small company, and it kinda sounds like you do too. Thats one of the downfalls of working for a small company.

12. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Pour some Visene into his coffee, wait for the results and then tell them you quit

13. SurfingRools

SurfingRools Well-Known Member

Does he have a sister? Cause I would get with her.......but thats just me.

14. pashlit

I bet ya work for big company cause our company has only five people. Agree. In that case "the smaller the better" just dont work. After 3 years of wasting time here i just want TGTFUH ASAP. And yeah... I am sure there are tons of people like me who just didnt happen to have connections.

15. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

or his wife

16. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

Suck it up or leave.

17. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

I say just suck it up period. If you leave, chances are you'll just run into another one just like him. You can't figure out what type of boss you'll have in an hour interview with him and the other people interviewing you won't tell you the truth.

I've had two great bosses in 25 years, the rest are the typical types that are promoted one step above their competency and there still remain.

Go to work, do your job with integrity to the best of your ability and go home to what's important. I call it "selling your soul to corporate America one day at a time".

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Talk shitte back to him. When he's wrong just tell him. What's he gonna do? Excel at your job and talk shitte to the boss:). Just give him back what you get. Once they realize you don't take shitte it will stop. But always excel at your job. And no, I've never been fired or gotten in a fist fight with the boss. Some shouting here and there but that's about it.

19. pashlit

You think I havent tried that already?? I tried talking shitte to him. He boils, says nothing. Then after I leave the office he writes some stupid email to me bitching about that and that. Too afraid to just say it straight to my face. Then he complains to his friend. I also talked to his friend (the owner). When I asked him what I should do when I think that dude is not right I was basically told to STFU and do what I was hired to do. I guess thats what real friendship is supposed to be :clap:
    You can't fight with the boss who is a friend of the owner. Well...basically you can but you will be f..cked anyway. So no point in that.