1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 Triumph Daytone 675R

Discussion in 'General' started by 2Fer, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Not really sure I see the point of this for a race bike. With the exception of the brakes most people will already be putting a shock and cart kit in the front anyway.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

weird, i have 3 675's and have not had a single prob with them.

ran 2 daytona 200's.

got a 16th in one with stock motor on pump gas.

against the majority of nice builds, i dont think i am getting motored. i shoud not eat so many bugers.

i have a built motor in my bike now with countless races and still puts out 130-133 hp all day long.

3. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

I agree, unless you don't have one to start with.

No reason in buying a new one, for there's zero Triumph money out there. Save $4,000 and get one with 1K miles on it.

4. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

And thats why we do it- Nothing like a bit of head shaking

5. Maybe you should try some N-Tecs. :Poke:

6. grantourin_90

grantourin_90 Well-Known Member

:Pop:

7. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

LMAO!!! Oh snap!!:wow:

8. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

Tom didn't have a motor problem. He had an oil-cooler issue. The motor had zero damage. :beer:

For bling this new one is cool, but I will keep my old one that has everything I could ever need!

9. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

UPDATE: just came out with pricing in RRW and it's under 12k!

Base model, $10499, R model, 11,999!

So only $1500 for Ohlins front and back, and Brembos.

I'd call that a damn good deal!

I think they shoulda put another 3k into the motor, lighter wheels, and adjustable triple as all mentioned earlier and priced it at $14,999 for a turnkey racer. SS legal assassin at that point?

I'm surprised more manufacturers don't build homologation specials. This one's almost too inexpensive and they could have addressed a little more and still kept it reasonable.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  10. antirich

Triumph doesn't even have a WSS team anymore, so I don't think they'll be pushing that envelope anytime soon :(

The only way you're going to make those 675 wheels any lighter with a Magnesium set. Add another $3500 right there.

I will agree that motor needs more to keep up with the Japanese. Stock vs. stock it's fine, but the i-4s take to engine mods a lot better. Tencate is getting close to 150 RWHP from their CBRs, the Park N Go bikes where maybe 135 tops.

11. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I want one.

That's it, I need a second or higher paying job... building a house, going racing again, and wanting a Ducati Sportclassic 1000, a 675R and one of those little RC Motorcycles is doing nothing for my cashflow. :D

12. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek:
    In WSS? Holy Christ! You're talking crank HP right?

What are they allowed to do in Super Stock there that gets them an extra 20 HP over what I usually hear quoted for SS here?

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

fixerated it for you ;)

and if that's true, maybe they should put that motor in the Moto2 chassis

14. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

15. antirich

Nope, rear wheel. The lead mechanic was interviewed on motopod.com, in which the topic came up. 150 was an 'extreme' case, most averaged at 145. Also gotta factor in the dyno variables, and they didn't mention which one they used.

WSS engine rules are far more liberal than WERA or Daytona Sportbike. Only things restricted are pistons, cranks, cam lift (not duration) and a few others. They also run full electronics. Very expensive bikes overall.

16. Just Bob

Just Bob Well-Known Member

Who cares how fast they are... Its the sound they make that gives me wood.

[​IMG]

17. They do have a sound all of their own. Friends told me they can pick me out from other bikes just by the sound.

18. The_Dude

The_Dude Well-Known Member

The sound like a small displacement car engine... or indycar

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'd say that would do a lot for your cash flow, at least in the out direction.

20. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I guess a poor choice of words... Every time I see a 675, I want one.