1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Wage data.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SurfingRools, Oct 25, 2010.

1. john ross

john ross Well-Known Member

:stupid:
    Originally Posted by SurfingRools
    http://tax.com/taxcom/taxblog.nsf/Pe...Z?OpenDocument

Screw the unions. They are the root of all evil. Screw the unions! Oh ya, never mind. The rich should get richer and the poor should get poorer. I forget...the poor are just lazy....
    :beer:

2. Mary Spies strikes again...

I encourage everyone to go back and look at some of the postings made by the john ross I.D. over the years. Keep in mind, the postings are made by Mary Spies. Who knows, it may surprise/awaken a few of you.

Most of them, I could care less that she used my name. Some of them are disturbing.

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Was this the actor that worked for the same rate as the grips and camera operators :confused:

4. kangasj

kangasj Banned

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Repo Man, my hand is up.

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

7. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Agreed - definitely some holes, and typical sensationalist journalism - making the stats say whatever they want. This part specifically:
    "The number of Americans making $50 million or more, the top income category in the data, fell from 131 in 2008 to 74 last year. But that’s only part of the story.

The average wage in this top category increased from $91.2 million in 2008 to an astonishing $518.8 million in 2009. That’s nearly $10 million in weekly pay!"

Seems like there's some point missing... Many of the folks who are no longer in this top category were probably making right above the $50M mark were skewing the previous average downwards. Now that they aren't included (as they made less than $50M), the average will shoot up since only the very very top tail of the curve is represented.

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  8. tikki50

tikki50 Well-Known Member

Here's a bit more salt for that wound. You do know that a majority of these High wage earners usually get paid in dividends, stock options, something other than just a pay check, there is a reason for this, they only pay 8% tax on all that money. You can thank Bill Clintion AND George Bush for this! Unlike a paycheck they get money either during quarters or yearly. They do have a smaller wage that pays the full tax amount like we do, or slightly higher due the amount of money, but the bulk of the cash sits at 8% tax. How nice is that!

9. kangasj

kangasj Banned

But damn those unions for trying to get a decent wage for an assembly worker. I know unions are a pain in the ass. I used to work at a television assembly plant where I couldn't even go out to the line and pick up a screw with out a stock handler but you can't quite say the guys at the top aren't pretty damn greedy...

10. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Why do you care so much about what someone else makes? God forbid someone gets paid more than you. If we all made the same amount why would we even care to work hard, do a good job, or innovate?

11. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

A decent wage? I think they already get WAY more than a decent wage. I always wondered why the guy at the dealership gets paid $10/hr to do warranty work and fix the screw ups of the guys making $50/hr to put in the same bolt over and over and over...

12. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Bla ha ha, every union worker makes 50+ per hour.....riiiiight.....and for sure the CEO's are worth millions.

13. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

That's up to their shareholders to determine...not the government or anyone else for that matter.

14. kangasj

kangasj Banned

mmmmkay, I'm sure the average share holder thinks that it's appropriate compensation. I would guess it's more along the lines of corporate directors and those guys are never in bed with each other...

15. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

WTF?

16. tikki50

tikki50 Well-Known Member

This is the problem with CEO's they got the job title all wrong:

CEO = Corporate Embezzlement Opportunist

17. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I'm lost... :confused:

18. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

So explain how the rich "create jobs"?

Last I checked the Capitalist system, only demand for goods and services can create jobs.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The "rich" have the capital to demand for goods and services.

C'mon, give me a tough one. :D

20. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

I damn the unions for driving all the jobs away because they fail to acknowledge the game has changed.

Globalization has brought cheaper goods. The price for X made in America was $5 per unit. Now the price for X made in China/Pakistan/Taiwan/wherever is $2 per unit. Because companies can get it for $2 that is the new price, but the unions just stick their heads in the sand and go on trying to get the $5 per unit.