1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New STT Owner please stand up...

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Brian Van, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

We were at Barber with STT over the weekend and the announcement was made during the riders meeting both Saturday and Sunday.

Congrats to one of the best people I know, Richard Harris! I have ridden with and known Richard for several years and he is as good as they come in my opinion. I am sure the STT Staff and Riders will be just as happy to see Richard as the new owner of STT as all of us over here at STG are!

We look forward to the future for sure.

Brian Van

2. dubguy85

dubguy85 Well-Known Member

Sweet! Where is he based out of?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought Ron Wood who used to be at Michelin bought out Bonnie.

4. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

?????

I thought Bonnie and Monte owned it....what happened???

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been hearing rumors Bonnie sold it for a little while now.

6. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Richard is a good guy and he's from up here in MI. Good to hear a good guy got it :up:

7. motoford

motoford Well-Known Member

This is great news. I have never heard of Richard, but great news anyway :)

8. MINDOVERMATTER

MINDOVERMATTER You can't see me

Met him Friday night. He is a great guy. He was well received in the south. Looking forward to the future of STT.

9. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:crackup: interesting indeed.

10. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

wow. this is a suprise.

richard is a super nice guy, and i wish him all the best :beer:

11. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Good Luck Richard on the new business. :up::beer:

12. EJ999

EJ999 Well-Known Member

Richard has been a very good friend for many years. He's a racer (a fast one too!) and a fabulous person. He is going to do great things with STT/STS and Brian and I are looking forward to a long partnership between STT/STS and Sportbike Track Gear. It was great to see him at Barber this weekend. The buzz was extremely positive!

Congrats Richard!! :beer:

13. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

he's also pretty good at welding with a welder from 1970 (his words not mine) at Nelson

Attached Files:

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Richard is an honest, smart and stand-up guy. He will certainly focus on the good things STT has built and use that to take the organization to new and greater heights. I've already seen him at work this year and it's a very positive sign for the future of STT.

An official congratulations Richard. Without sounding like all PR'ish, I'm looking forward to what's in store for the future.

:beer:

15. MINDOVERMATTER

MINDOVERMATTER You can't see me

Positive was the word Yes

You could feel it in the atmosphere the entire weekend

16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Congratulations Richard. It was a pleasure meeting you this weekend.. We are looking forward to the relationship in the future for sure. We will see you at Talladega in a couple weeks!
    Marc

17. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

18. rharris

rharris Member

Thanks to all for the kind words. It's truly appreciated. You have my word I will continue to do things the way I always have. I'm excited to bring some new positive energy STT and STS. If anyone has any questions or concerns they would like me to answer, PLEASE feel free to contact me personally at [email protected]. I am more than happy and look forward to discussing them with you.

Kind regards

Richard Harris
    Sportbike Track Time LLC
    Sportbike Tire Service LLC

19. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

is there any kind of "press" release or anything?

I'm sure the details will trickle down to the masses, but i'm impatient :D

20. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

I wondered why Monte changed his screen name to STT-Rider. STT is a great organization, I don't know Richard but I'm happy for him and his opportunity. I also hope Bonnie and Monte both the best and would like to say thanks to them for the opportunities they provided me in my friends in the past. I hope that I'll still see them at the track from time to time.