1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chris Spencer RIP

Discussion in 'General' started by skip salenius, Oct 8, 2010.

1. sanfret

sanfret Almost as fast as my kid

+1

Godspeed Chris.

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Jamie the first time I met your Dad was in December of 2008. We met off of here and met up at Tally. He had just picked up his 250 and it was the first time I had seen Tally and asked if he could show me the fast way around. He went out and I followed him for a session then went off on my own. I was familar with the 250's and he was not but by the end of the day we were running a pretty good pace together. He asked me my advce on some of the parts rearsets, clipons and tires and what not.

After that the next time I saw him was in Feb where he kicked all our asses, then again at Jennings, then at Nashville. When we were at Nashville he told me he had picked up a bike for you. He told me about your get off at Tally but how it was not really the same as when you were out there. He said that he was trying to get the bike ready for Barber and that you would be coming for me. And I knew if you were anything your dad you indeed would be. And like he said, you would be faster than he was. And you were lol

I either made it a point or your Dad made it a point to come over to each other's pit and say hello at every race and was always greeted with the same grin and the same talks about tires and what not and how yall were gonna do. And you know he always talked himself down, always made himself the underdog. But never in regards to you. Never.
    Always made fun of the fact that he enjoyed getting beat by you and saying he wish he could have said he LET you win.

I will miss the 250's times where I learned so much ab racing. He actually taught me at the second practice in Tally how to really ride. In that session him and I traded spots twice and taught me that the only way I was going to beat the Spencers was to have the bike all over the place and completely out of control with the front jumpin and the back hoping. We went back and forth even through the grass at some points. I can honestly say I have never pushed as hard on a bike as I did that morning chasing your Dad, and sadly for me, did not catch him, but that was always the case.

I was looking forward to racing the SV's next year against you guys for you and him were both great competitors and very skilled riders. I know he is looking down at you and telling you to hold your head up and I hope that you do so in honor of your Dad. I know when he spoke of you his head could not be any higher. Your Dad was a good man and a Great father. Believe me when I say I know what that feels like to have and yours was one of the best.

Rest In Peace Chris we will race again.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  3. northern_lights

northern_lights ..\m/..

my condolences to his friends and family. our prayers are with you

4. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Wow that post got me a little teary-eyed Dustin. I feel lucky to call all you guys friends.

5. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Ditto what Jason said. Us 2-fiddy folks are a tight bunch, past and present!

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I think a lot of us have stories like Dustin's. On Friday after I crashed in practice I went and asked Chris to borrow a rearset and if he knew how to straighten out the plate where they mount. He didn't say a word, but opened up a storage box on the front of his trailer and pulled out the mother of all crowbars and followed me to the bike. Did a little of this and a little of that and he had it straight, then helped me put the parts of his on the bike so I could race.

He came over later that day to the endurance area where I was helping Kinetic in the pits. I asked him if that little SOB of mine was in his pit again tearing shit up, and we both had a good laugh (at the GNF last year Conrad got up while he and mom were taking a nap and he got out of the camper, which we didn't think he could do. Chris and Jamie were pitted next door, and Conrad went over and evidently made a nuisance of himself. Chris came to the Kinetic pits to let me know my boy was out of hand. I apologized, and he dismissed it as nothing but I still felt pretty bad that he had to run me down.). I was glad we could laugh about it a year later.

Good times.

7. cspencer123

cspencer123 250R Must pedal faster

To Kurt and Dustin both, i realy needed that thank you!!!

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I think it's great all the time the two of you got to spend with each other and the fun you guys always had. I hope someday me and my son will find something we can do together like that.

I will miss him.

9. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I had these made to honor Chris. I will have them at the races next year just come by and see me. Or you can PM me your address and I can send you one.

[​IMG]

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:up:

11. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Thanks Jason! I'm gonna want quite a few for the bikes and trailer. Be glad to pay.

12. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

No payment needed. :)

13. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

To everyone that has pmd me. I will send them out tomorrow usps. Please let me know if you don't receive them.

14. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

Very cool Jason.:up:

15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Send me 3, PMing now

16. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

2nd round of stickers have left. If you have pm'd me you should see them USPS in the next few days.

17. just in time

just in time Well-Known Member

i would like to have one. this is great that you are doing this. i enjoyed racing with chris for the past 2 years.

18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Got the decals today. Thanks again Jason!

19. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Cool, like I said you pm'd me they have been sent so hit me up if you havent seen them yet.

20. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

got mine, thank you again