1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chuck...

Discussion in 'General' started by dickie doo, Oct 11, 2010.

1. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

So I didn't get to say "bye" and "thank you" to Chuck in person at the GNF, so I figured I'd say it here. I'm a first year racer and not knowing any of the officials at WERA this year I can say that it's pretty daunting to meet everyone.

Chuck is simply the nicest man alive, and always went out of his way to say "hey" to me when I walked around looking lost, point me in the right direction and give me a huge thumbs up when I rode by.

Last and most important Chuck has the ability to make you feel like you just beat Pedrosa by .03 seconds in the final round of Moto GP when you crossed the finish line. I'm slow, but Chuck would make you feel like a hero when he waves that flag excitedly, and gave you a huge thumbs up as you crossed the line. It always made the races that much better!

Chuck, you'll not only be missed from those who have knows you for years, but the new guys as well. :up:

2. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Chuck and Charlotte are amazing folks, and even though I'm not racing, it really made me sad to hear that they were retiring. Chuck always had a big smile and a thumbs up every time I went out for 8am practice, and as simple as that might seem, I can tell you that his demeanor made my day a little better pretty much every raceday morning.

I still remember the very first checkered flag I took from Chuck. It was at Nashville, at the finish of a D class novice race. It didn't matter to him that it was some lame novice race, or that I was probably the slowest guy on the track...he gave me that flag like it was the last one he'd ever throw, and I'd just won the Daytona 200. He did this because while in the grand scheme of things nobody else cared, he always understood that it might be important to you, and that was enough for him to give it maximum effort and enthusiasm, every time.

Every race Chuck and Charlotte ever worked was better for them being there. Thank you for your tireless dedication, long days in the sun, cold, or rain, and most of all, thanks for the memories that I will always keep.

3. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

What the hell, Chuck's retiring??? Damn that sucks. Chuck is awesome.

I feel like a top gun pilot getting lauched off of an aircraft carrier when I pit out. Chuck down there giving hand signals to me and sending me out. I always try to give him a wave or a nod to let him know I appreciate him.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  4. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

Very nice guy!!! We'll miss you Chuck!!

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Im just glad Chuck/Charlotte will be working the Tally trackday event this coming weekend so i can see them again once more. By far, THE most respected people in WERA. :up: It's just not gonna be the same without them in the flagstand. :(

6. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

Had I known Chuck and Charlotte were retiring, I would have done the GNF just to experience one more time what others have already described.
    Plus to express in person my appreciation.
    Gonna miss them for sure!!
    Thanks Chuck / Charlotte!!!:beer:
    KK

7. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

Dang it man!!! WTH?? :wow:

Good luck in retirement Chuck and Charlotte!!!! :bow:

From that crazy Buell rider #544! :beer:

8. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Chuck & Charlotte can't retire! I've known Chuck longer than I've known my wife!

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Ok...I'm retiring...It just won't be the same without them....

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Well said. I agree, wholeheartedly!

Good luck to both of them! :bow:

11. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

I only raced for two years (so far) but what has been described above was one of the coolest things about racing. Take care and good luck.

12. racer237

racer237 Well-Known Member

I have endurance racing for past 10 years and I gotta say they will truly be missed by everyone in the paddock. chuck and charlotte I hope the very best to both of you.

13. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

It's definately not going to be the same. I echo the comments of everyone above and don't think any of us can fully express how much they will be missed.

One thing for sure, we know Chuck will stay busy! Charlotte seemed like she has a fairly extensive "Honey Do" list all prepped for him. Poor Guy, LOL