1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ysr hurt me

Discussion in 'General' started by stalemate27, Oct 10, 2010.

1. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

How is it that I race big bikes for a few years end up on my head a few times at over 100mph and never got hurt . low side the ysr today at about 20mph and I'm pretty sure my right pinky is broke . HUrts like hell ...

ANd the worst part is I was "that guy" the one that crashes on the out lap of the first practice , told my 15 year old "fallow me il show you the line" and got to watch him ride by as I'm sliding lol ended up winning both my races on the ysr he won both his on the cr85 and finished 4th and 5th in the classes he ran on the ysr

All in all a good day but damn does my finger hurt

2. Blammo

Blammo Well-Known Member

Damn dude, hope you're ok, I was in the pits trying to get my YSR together during all that. Hope you guys had a good time regardless! (and I hope your son learned about which racing line to follow...:p )

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think this falls under the old saying " Do as I say not as I do"!!!

Good story.

4. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Ya we had a good time and its something I'm sure il never live down lol

5. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

Sounds like you had a blast inspite of the finger situation...At 15, I know the one thing your son learned is my dad is a tough dude.

6. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

Highsided on one in '95. Still haven't forgot how hard pavement is.

7. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

When the clip on hit the ground the brake lever hit my pinky and jambed it between the lever and the bar with enough force to still break the lever , if it ain't feeling better tomarrow I'm going to the ER cause I fell off my mountain bike lol

8. Blammo

Blammo Well-Known Member

Was it in turn 7? That turn always is my undoing, no matter which direction we go.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Little bikes are deadly! Only bones I've ever broken while MC'ing were on a VTR250 on the street, and Putter's Geely scooter in the sugar-sand at BIR.

Putter still hasn't forgiven me. :(

10. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

SUre was

11. chalyror6

chalyror6 corky #193

The little ones will hurt ya. I had an xr100 rape me in April.

12. Bamagirl

Bamagirl Soccer Mom Gone Bad ;-)

Those things will bite ya! I crashed my little Thumpstar spec bike at CMP (the go-kart track there) and broke 3 ribs! Ended up missing the last 2 WERA races on my 600 because I could hardly move for 6 weeks:down: Rich crashed his little kx 65 last year and scrubbed his pinky finger down to the bone when it got caught between the brush-guard and the pavement. They might look harmless but they are vicious!

13. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Ya there was a pinky ground to the bone yesterday as well by a rs125 it was nasty looking for sure and he is gunna be in some pain , has to get ligaments and tendons repaired

14. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

WEll its a clean break gotta go see an orthopaedic surgeon and see what. they have to say about it

15. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Popsickle stick and some tape for 6 weeks you will be fine.

Come to East Lansing, MI kart track on the 17th its a great track.