Cycle Options Putnam Oct 2-3

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by WERA 591, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Freddy

Freddy Well-Known Member

I'll be there both days. I've got a genny that can power 2 sets of warmers. I'm driving up from Bloomington. I'm on an 03 R6. Black with yellow number plates #711. White EZ-Up.

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Mid 60's is perfectly fine for Putnam. Actually it's nice because you don;t have to get out of your leathers most of the day The surface there is so abrasive you shouldn't have to worry about a thing after the first full session. I've raced there when it was in the high 40's and low 50's without issue.

3. PETERS

PETERS 2006 R6 (#110)

+1 - just exercise some patience on the first few sessions...temps will be fine.
    Plus, it looks to be mostly sunny which will help track temps.

4. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

Is someone bringing a beacon for this weekend?

5. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Alright cool, I won't even worry about it then.

I never use warmers anyway (don't even own any) and I can usually go flat out by the end of the first lap anyway.

6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

You have to realize that tire warmers also extend tire life.
    They reduce the heat cycles.
    Tires deteriorate from going back and forth from HOT to COLD, COLD to HOT.

Tire warmers are an absolute necessity, IMO.

BTW, sorry about your crash. I was there today. You went down in T1, lst lap? No warmers? In the High 40's before noon with track temp in the same range?

Warmers Inpayne, warmers.

7. inpayne

I was talking to dave rossno (super dave), not sure if you are familer with him, but he knows his shit.

He thinks it has more to do with the suspension not working properly at the cold temps. Because there was no warning at all. Just tapped the brakes, and I was on the ground.

Didn't even give me a warning, no squirm, no wiggle like usual, just bike exploding into a million pieces. It was so bizarre, everything was perfect the first session, a lot of grip, I couldn't do anything wrong.

And yeah, I should have warmers, but i always find better things to spend my low amount of money on. I'll probably have some for next year, the price of a genny is killer though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  8. gixxer53

gixxer53 Member

Man I knew that I should have gotten some tire warmers but I didn't so I ended up going down in T1 :( (but its all good I logged 120 miles ish)

Anyone want a 07 gixxer 750 for $ 3300 that still runs but is missing left side fairings (they are oem and I don't feel like forking out the money for some new ones) lol

9. inpayne

stock?

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Right on about the cold suspension. Bike was more slippery on the cold track than in the rain with rain tires.

As far as the cost of warmers go, I've got the KROSSWERX warmers that were being sold on here for $160 shipped over a year ago. Not sure if they're still available.
    And I picked up a 3500W Campbell Hausfeld genny on a dolly on craigslist for $150.
    So for about $300, I got warmers and a genny. Good deals are out there for sure.
    I totally feel ya with the money. Hell, I haven't bought new tires all year. lol.

Warmers eliminate one more circumstance that could go terribly wrong.
    They really can be life and death man.

I may be looking for dual temp warmers, if I do, I'll hook you up with mine.
    Some layaway plan or 180 days same as cash. :up:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  11. gixxer53

gixxer53 Member

Yep bone stock.

12. dark6

dark6 cockasaurus

Great to see everyone. thanks all for coming out was, great learning that SV! now cant decide what to race, The r6 or the SV hell I guess both!

13. gixxer53

gixxer53 Member

Hey, what is the track photographers website if anyone knows?

14. inpayne

Cool thanks man.

15. WERA 591

WERA 591 Well-Known Member

16. gixxer53

gixxer53 Member

17. Bandit730

Bandit730 Racing neophyte

Sorry about your off but glad you're able to get on here and post. If/when you're ready for some warmers you can also try Mike at MJ Moto http://mjmotogear.com/SINGLE-TEMP-TIRE-WARMERS-warmer.htm

I've been using the single temps for my SV all season and they work great and he even cut me a pretty good deal. He's got some nice stands that are nicely priced.

And like gapman said, just got to look for deals on a genny. Might be a loud one but if it works then you're good to go.

18. geoduch

geoduch Member

19. inpayne

Thanks man.

Thanks for the warmers link too, that's pretty cheap.

I have a set of pitbull stands, as well as cheaper set of stands to use already, thanks tho :)

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think warmers definately fall into the catagory of "you get what you pay for".
    I hear a lot of folks regretting buying the cheaper priced sets. I would rather buy a used pair of better warmers...ie...chickenhawk, woodcraft than a newer cheaper pair.