1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA rule needs revision.

Discussion in 'General' started by natedawgee, May 26, 2003.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

bad example. apples and oranges ..

2. fourandsix

fourandsix Well-Known Member

How is that a bad example , you purchase a ticket to a concert , that means the promoter is holding a seat for you. You can't make the concert for whatever reason. Is that the promoters fault , should you get a refund. WERA does the same , it holda a grid spot for you.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Ok I am gonna be the tactless ass.

Waaaaahhhhhh!!!!! Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

My bike broke I couldn't race.

Give me my money back.

I tell you what why don't you call Dynojet and tell them their defective product cost money in race fees and you feel that they should reimburse you because thier equipment failed and you weren't able to race.

What are 2 years old.

I don't ride in the rain and had my races been rained on I would have packed my stuff up and went home. Would I have asked WERA for a refund because they didn't clear it with god and make sure my races were dry? No!!!!!!!!

Quit fucking cryin. If you can't afford to potentially wash out 50 or 60 bucks then maybe you need to take up a cheaper hobby like maybe needle point.

4. sv tinker

sv tinker Well-Known Member

this whiner has obviously never owned or administered a business .:rolleyes:
    if your boss started giving away his revenue your job would be in jeopardy.:(

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

hope you're not talking about me .. i ain't whining ..

6. GAMEDIC

GAMEDIC Really Now?

To answer one question yes CCS give points even if you do not finish...but you still have to start the race... and just FYI you can unhook the PC and your bike will go back to stock map and you can run...that would have been the thing for you to do after you saw it was not working you may have lost the ..hmmm 5 or 6HP maybe...

7. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

I think WERA actually does give some possible exceptions a look see, but like I stated before as well as someone just did - your machine was by no means unridable. If you waded it into a pop can, maybe I could see your being upset, but it was a simple disconnect or actually, finding someone with a Yosh box and disconnecting your PC and doing an old school map. Basically, it wasn't a total write off - the bike was very capable of being raced.

Plus, at the end of the day, rules are rules. They've been in print for quite sometime. Actually, that part of the rulebook has been in print for many years. Like the saying goes - read the rulebook. If something comes up that has been questionable or seen as a problem, you should have voiced this some time ago. Now way rules are going to be changed mid-season.

8. natedawgee

natedawgee ARNCHU Racing

last post for me on this thread.

For the record the machine WAS unrideable, because the PC problem was not diagnosed until about 5pm Saturday night. I stated this earlier.

It was not capable of being raced on Saturday. (suppose someone crashes in practice and has the parts available to fix the bike but does not -Its still capable of being raced!-but he/she get's 50% CREDIT. why?)

Indeed rules are rules. Rules should also make sense though, not just be easy to enforce.

The comment about voicing my opinion about the rules when the rulebook came out seems unrealistic: How am I supposed to go over every possible circumstance as it may happen to me and my fellow racers and bring that up before the season starts.

The rulebook should be in a continual state of improvement and revision. I'll make my case for the 2004 rulebook.

Those who feel the rules are fine and just, you can have the 2003 rulebook for the rest of your experience with WERA. :D

"No way rules are going to be changed mid-season."
    ---just like schedules right? :rolleyes:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Re: last post for me on this thread.

Nope, rules are rules schedules are schedules. Two different things.

10. natedawgee

natedawgee ARNCHU Racing

ama

didn't the AMA change rules for the Eboz's Kawi after the start of the season?

....Not sure

11. GAMEDIC

GAMEDIC Really Now?

Re: ama

Nope it was done before the season started

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, I think it was prior to the rulebook being printed.

Either way - AMA is AMA and WERA is WERA - two different things.

:D