1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep Zac Chapman in your thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Zac,

Once again, I must state the obvious...you are an inspiration to us all. Way to go! :bow:

2. zacsmom

zacsmom Well-Known Member

I got a call today from the clinical manager at PATE. He was calling to give me an update on how Zac was doing. He explained that at first they thought Zac would do well in a certain program they have called the TRAILS program. (Can't remember what that stands for) After meeting Zac and talking to him they realized that Zac is at a much higher level mentally (cognitively) than most of the people in this program.
    So, today Zac was put into their young adult program where he is around people closer to his age, fewer people, and people who are not as affected cognitively. Zac's first care conference will be next Thursday and I plan on going. I will be leaving in the morning to go stay with Zac through Sunday. I look forward to it, but will miss my husband and daughter while I'm away.
    If any of you are interested in sending Zac an encouraging note or card, here is the address: Zac Chapman Hilltop Room #3
    3325 Pate Way
    Anna, TX 75409
    Just remember his vision is blurry, so he can read bigger print easier :)
    I did talk to Zac on the phone tonight and he said he liked the program they put him in. He hasn't started eating anything yet with his speech therapist, he said maybe next week. He asked me if Julia was coming this weekend too, but I told him he was stuck with "just Mom" ;)

3. zacsmom

Saturday:
    Here at PATE with Zac. Today has been a nice day, and a busy one. They gotta get Zac doing his laundry with the washer/dryer in his room soon. ;)
    I pushed Zac down to the barn so he could see the goats, horses, and the donkey. They even cut up apples so Zac could feed the horses! We also went into the recreation center down by the barn and played a little air hockey!

Attached Files:

4. the mother

the mother Love my 250

Great work Zac, keep up the good work. You are always in my prayer's and so is your family. Maybe some day we will be able to meet. My daughter races and boyfriend too.Maybe I'll get to meet you at the track. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Sweet! Great pic

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Awesome photo!

Prayers being answered daily, no waiting! ;)

7. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

So happy to see Zac doing so much and starting to live life again!

8. zacsmom

Thursday:
    Went to PATE today for Zac's care plan. The therapists talked about what they are working on with Zac now as well as things they will work on to help Zac meet his goals. Zac attended the meeting and asked good questions/ made good statements.
    He is ready to try and sit in a "regular" wheelchair, even if only for a little while, to see how he does. He wants to be in a wheelchair that has wheels on the side where he could propel himself. I got to see his "classroom" where the cognitive therapist has the young adults working on different activities according to their level of ability. They all have their own desks to work on these activities.
    I also got to see my son walk today, in person!! The kid walked 75 feet!! I guess my face was all lit up (duh!) cause a woman walked by me and said " you look extremely happy". He was moving his left leg all by himself, but needed a little help with the right leg. They don't have his custom leg braces finished yet, or he would be able to do both legs by himself.
    I am going to see Zac again this weekend, and my twin sister and daughter are coming out tomorrow to see him.
    A picture of Zac walking at PATE

Attached Files:

9. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Keep working Zac!

10. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!

11. Fusion

Fusion Banned

Great

Just great.Go on.

12. the mother

the mother Love my 250

Awesome Zac. Keep up the good work. You and your family are in my prayer's every night. God Bless All Of You

13. Bosarge22

Bosarge22 Active Member

Keep it up Zac!

14. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. zacsmom

the mother and others, thank you all for your prayers and support. God has been so good throughout all of this and He has been faithful to answer many prayers. We do give Him all the honor and glory!!

Talked to Zac on the phone tonight. He saw the Dr. today who will oversee his care while he is at PATE. THANK GOODNESS he stopped (d/c'd) some of Zac's medications as well as decreasing the doseage on some. I'm so happy about this because Zac is on so many medications and I was hoping we could get rid of some of them.
    Come to find out we have all taken the height measurement on Zac's DL as fact. We have been saying that he is 6'1". Well, location after location we have had to get him a longer bed because he doesn't fit on a standard bed. Well, they stretched the kid out and measured him and he is between 6'2" and 6'3" !! So, now we know that Zac is taller than 6'1", and they are trading his bed at PATE for an extended one :)

16. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

He apparently is not through growing. Prayers your way.

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Awesome story I've been following for a long time. God bless you.

18. 2old2fat2slow

2old2fat2slow DragonKnee Racing

Tremendous progress!! Go Zac!!!!!!

19. Tiffanator

Tiffanator Z1000 Chicky

Yay Zac! Great accomplishments being made and the courage and determination he has is so motivating to me! Bless you all!

20. the mother

the mother Love my 250

Way to go Zac, it's great to hear the there taking off of some of the meds. That is such great news. You keep up the hard work. Your always in my prayer's and so is your family. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU..............