1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best $1,000 Leather Suit?

Discussion in 'General' started by gluvnaa, Sep 20, 2010.

1. gluvnaa

gluvnaa Well-Known Member

2. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

I've been a big fan of A Stars suits, gloves, and boots. Their customer service is great too. They've taken good care of me on some repairs and resoling of my boots. They didn't even charge me for my last repair.

My SP1 suit held up pretty good, but I replaced it with a Charger this year. I lost the front at Barber last week in turn two....I thought it could have held up a little better. Alexa has it now, and perhaps she can chime in and give her two cents. Perhaps my expectations were just too high and the damage is normal. Regardless, I've been pretty happy and can't say enough about their customer service.

3. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

rs-taichi

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Syed.

6. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I'm liking my new Speed and Strength, for $799 retail it's a good value with all Knox armor. We sell a bunch of A*'s and Pilots as well.

Is the Komodo stuff that good? I hesitate because my Komodo Pro boots made it 2 race weekends and were done. Holes in the soles, zippers blown out and just fell apart.

7. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Yes.

8. eppy01f4i

eppy01f4i Well-Known Member

One more for Komodo .... Custom here and LOVE it.

9. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

The suits, yes. I dunno about the boots/gloves, never tried them.

10. tfs32

tfs32 Well-Known Member

Pilot will be my next suit

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

for $800-1k, SYED makes a great CUSTOM FIT suit. I have 4 suits by them, still have each one .. and knock on wood, they never blew out or left me with road rash (and ive had some good ones). Only reason i get new suits is you start looking "ghetto" with scrapes everywhere.
    There are some other good suits out there, just with the customer service and quality, i have not had a need to go elsewhere to date (7 years). Being shorter and slightly stocky (with a bit of a beer belly to go along) i can't do off rack suits.

12. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Another vote for Pilots......and they crash VERY well (ask me how I know)

13. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

i think you can get a custom suit, made in america, by an american for $1K in a solid color. syed and barnacle bill are comparable.

are the komodo suits made in the states?

those new held suits do look very nice. rs taichi are great suits if off the rack sizes fit you.

14. TEFLON434

TEFLON434 Well-Known Member

Komodo ftw!!!

+1 :up:

Be part of the KOMODO takeover 2011!!!!

Who Else is at the track if you need em.... Can't be everywhere but Man, He's There!!!!

15. cwick

cwick Well-Known Member

-1 on the speed and strength. felt cheap and was pretty stiff leather.

Dainese makes a great bang for your buck suit (Laguna Seca) and very happy happy with it. soft/strong leather and lots of stretch.

16. eppy01f4i

Can't say I was very impressed with the stuff I saw.... looks/ feels very entry level.

17. pinnEd999

pinnEd999 dale' gas!

I don't recall seeing the Komodo leathers out west yet, but damn they look nice and perf'd like a mofo. Nice work for the price!:up:

18. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

hmmm... I got the 2011 suit and the leather is very nice and the suit fits/feels better than my $1200 Spidi.

19. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Add Zooni to that list. http://www.zoonileathers.com/

20. eppy01f4i

The one I saw was from the first year out... 2009? 2010?