1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onboard clips for DVD - music suggestions???

Discussion in 'General' started by MarkB, May 15, 2003.

1. khanumaiah

khanumaiah Well-Known Member

for songs how about. trapt - headstrong or smile empty soul - bottom of the bottle.

2. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Never heard of them, but thanks - I'll check them out. I want stuff thats a bit 'edgy' too, and those 2 sounds like they might be. After all, this aint no freakin elevetor I'm riding here:D

3. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

you want some union underground. that is if ya really wanna rocker, or maybe some buckcherry, or possibly disturbed "psycho". those are some good rocking tunes right there. not AC/DC rock, but new good alternantive rock

4. MarkB

Thanks for those suggestions.

One idea from a friend was "to make one of the races with music from the Playstation game, (GT2 or whatever it is called.) you know "wa wawa, wa wawa, wa wawa, wa wa".

perhaps superimpose graphics with points, nitros, lap times and bonus stages. think 'lives remaining' might be a little sick though."

I reckon 1/1 life remaining is quite a good idea
    :D

5. BHopper 5

BHopper 5 Well-Known Member

Don't forget

Cake
    Going The Distance.

6. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Rev. Horton Heat- Cruisin for a Bruisin'

7. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

Are the vids up yet???:Poke:

8. GAMEDIC

GAMEDIC Really Now?

9. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Those clips are awesome Mark! I started on this same type of project two years ago before my sidelining crash... I used the 380 lines helmet cam. I'm shocked at the quality difference. What camcorder are you using? How are you mounting the pen lense that you aren't getting vibration? I had alot of problems with vibration when I mounted to the fairing.

I'd like to get a copy of you DVD when you are done with it. I've also talked with Mark Miller a bit about his production for Superbike Life. If you have any questions or ideas he might be able help... he has alot of tape and time into that project.

10. GAMEDIC

GAMEDIC Really Now?

11. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

nice, are they supposed to be that short in time? I like the last 2

12. Razor Shines

Razor Shines eliminate the bush cartel

I liked all the clips just wish they lasted longer. My favorite was the camera under the bike in Nashville. Somebody got into the chicane too hot and straightlined it. I did the same thing during the Thursday Bargy School mock race. Went from first to worst on lap 1. Glad to have video proof I'm not the only one to butcher this area of the course.:D

All the angles were great. With DVD length footage, I'd buy it.

If you want good music, look no further than the album "Zero Gravity" by Laika and the Cosmonauts.

Also if you want some good hard drivin' metal, I recommend anything by the band LOVE FIST. Some of my favorites of theirs:
    "Chin Stinger", "Liver Buster", "Dangerous Man, Dead Family".:clap:

13. MarkB

FORGET ALL THOSE CON-BOARD CLIPS I WAS POSTING UP - THEY ALL LOOK CRAP IN COMPARISON TO THE CLIPS I GOT THIS WEEKEND AT THE AMA ROAD ATLANTA RACE:eek:

I had the on-board strapped to AMA racer, Greg Moore's bike in both the 750 race on Saturday, and the SUPERBIKE race on Sunday. These clips make my previous ones look like I was on a quiet sunday ride around the local village.
    Greg was bumped on the back straight, you see his brake lever fall away and hit the ground (rear facing shot). He doesnt realise he's lost his brake and still accellerates. Then he grabs for the brake going down the hill into T.10 - and all he can do is grab air. You hear the rear locking up before he hits the gravel trap at some helacious speed. Amazingly, he manages to keep it upright untill almost the end (just like Mladin - except he still had his front brake).

Well Greg survived (as did my camera), and its all on video. I'll try to post a few stills from the incidents, as posting clips is a little tricky.