1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check this out.....

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, May 16, 2003.

1. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's about some bullshit. Very uncool.

3. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Ok, I must be missing some background information or something....what is this all about?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, to me it's a petty attack on RRW for printing Hoppers gf's writing - and a really bullshit attack on her.

5. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

uh....

Ya know that was pretty funny bit of satire until the last paragraph.
    After that, they were just being dicks.
    :mad:

6. HRCGUY

HRCGUY Ride Red!

I thought it was great. Dean is the king. Lighten up. Why would anyone care about what Hopper's girlfriend has to say? In the immortal words of Homer Simpson “Boring”, I couldn't care less where Hopper finishes. It was a lousy piece of journalism. They should be embarrassed. She should tell us a story about how Hopper got a GP ride in the first place. That’s always amazed me. He races about as well as she writes. Always Remember to Ride Red! Go Rossi!

7. sv tinker

sv tinker Well-Known Member

sounds like the rumblings of an envious dork!:rolleyes: young, attractive, famous, and now writes for two publications! pick on somebody your own size; A. Sorenstam, AOD etc...

8. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

Yeah ... a guy who finishes 7th in a race against the best riders in the world, riding a bike that is arguably not the best in the field and after losing a footpeg on the first lap.

He sure does suck... why would anyone hire him? :rolleyes:

- Roach

9. SIX

SIX Well-Known Member

Mongo, this isn't the first installment of the Amish racing team. Are you SURE it's a slam?

10. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

"Just Because We Find It Sad & Pathetic To Run A Column By A Rider's Girlfriend Doesn't Mean We Won't Do It
    "

"You see, this is racing as opposed to some bimbo's freakin' diary. We think more of you than that. "

I'm pretty sure it was a slam.

11. SIX

SIX Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just saw the headline....... Pretty damned rude.

12. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Hmmm...

You know some of us have followed Hopkins (and the Haydens, and the Disalvo, and etc...) And DO like to read and hear about what it is like to LIVE the dream. There are at least a dozen web sites and print mags just like AMAstooperbike.com that regurgitate press releases and scoresheet dumps, but very few that shows the personal side of what its like.

Maybe its time to send an email to all those companies who have banners splattered all over the site and tell them just what kind of juvenile crap they are being associated with...

13. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Hell if this isn't "journalism" then what the hell is Opie's column in USSuperbikes and Chris' in RRW?!?!?!?

It may not be polished, it may not be breaking news but it's still interesting as hell.

The best thing RRW has done since I've known it are those "Cribs" articles.

Opie's article is one of the main reason some people goto USSB.

Do you have to be a MC racer to write this? Then he shouldn't write anything. Do you have to write perfectly and elequently or even speel right? Then Opie and Chris shouldn't write.

14. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I liked the Haydens, but Hopkins got boring and juvenile, and Chris is okay when he is racing.

But to tell you the truth, no I don't care about the cribs, or what is on their walls, or if so-and-so said that to whoever.

Now if they talked about what it took to get the bike set-up and race ready, I would like that and most others would be bored. Prob why I read Chris some as he will talk a little about this.

AMA soup made a joke about RRW "Not mindless cheerleading" slogan, get over it.

David

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Whatever this guy’s beef is, it’s not with John or Desiree... Cheap shot taken at two lucky kids who I’m sure never claimed to be Pulitzer Prize winning journalists. And if I were lampooning someone else’s journalistic efforts, I would probably pause long enough in my condescending smirking to proofread my own offering…try wandering instead of wondering…

16. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Dean (AMASuperbike) is being an ass and made a personal attack against Hoppers girlfriend. I think that is total bullshit. If he has beef with RRW, JU, and/or Hopper than take it up with them, not in a thinly veiled editorial.

Sad.

17. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Are you talking about the AMA Soup article or my post?

18. Tim McKinley

Tim McKinley Salty Member

I thought these two (Dean and JU) were friends or at least had a friendly working relationship. Seemed pretty blatant though...timing seems odd, when was the last time she wrote anything for RRW? Been a while no?

Hey Don, Jerez T went out earlier this week look for it mid week or so, hope you like it.

19. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was pretty blatant. I don't know about the timing... it all seems weird to me.

Thanks for the T! I've really got to start checking my PMs more often. I ended up not running at Grattan this weekend, I haven't gotten my new motor yet. I hope to run in the bike at Beaver Run next weekend. Looks like the first race weekend this year will be at Barber or Mid-Ohio.

20. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

:rolleyes: Maybe we wanna hear the story on what makes you the HRC guy. You sound like a fuckstick*. If you do work with anything related to Honda they should be embarrassed of you. Why don't you go jack off to your pics of Nicky Hayden on the Goldwing. Tosser.

*used without the written permission of Brad Wilson