1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Motorcycle quotes!

Discussion in 'General' started by sln, Jul 16, 2006.

1. FatFarthing

FatFarthing Guest

i think that was actually said by a comedian a long time ago talking about how guys like girls, vs girls liking guys.

2. FatFarthing

FatFarthing Guest

me too.

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

"There's only two things in California, prune pickers and dick lickers and you ain't got no basket!"
    --Jack Wilson to a know-it-all in the Daytona pits in the mid to early `70's

4. seroj

seroj Well-Known Member

If you ain't first, you're last.

Ricky bobby

5. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

And some scare the shit out of you.....

6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

What I read in a magazine some years back was that when Kenny was the junior member of the Yamaha American roadracing squad, he was asked why he was faster than Gene Romero and Don Castro. He replied with something to the effect that they had better mechanics than him. When pressed for an explanation he told them that his throttle didn't close all the way.

7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

My Favorite!

"Gary's racing this bike today, (then points to bare frame on milk crate) I'm racing that bike tomorrow!" - Bay Area Cycles owner Mark Robinson to Kevin Erion when Kevin came over to tell Mark that the rules didn't allow two riders to use the same bike at an AMA event. Gary won the 1988 Loudon Classic BOTT Modified Production class using a frame borrowed from a street bike, handing Erion his first defeat.

8. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

"Just flick it". Eddie Lawson to Dider deRadigues when the latter was bitching about handling.

9. Critter

Critter Registered

Guy Martin at the TT "Keep it pinned until you see the fish on the mailbox, then grab the brakes and chuck it at the wall"

Gary Johnson at the TT " The secret to staying a live at the TT is to go as slow as possible and still win the race"

10. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

I think one of the Bostrom's said this: "Every time you crash you set a new limit."

11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

As told by Arron Stevenson on 3-22-10.
    Kenny Roberts: "I can ride 3 laps at 100% before I crash."

...well, that's what I remember.:eek:

12. eroge

eroge Well-Known Member

Paraphrasing a response to a new racer on the beeb a couple of years back,

He asked " What should I do to get prepared to go racing?"

Someone's response was something like:

" Put on all of your gear, gather all your money in a large pile. After setting it on fire, hurl yourself off of a moving 18 wheeler!!"

How true!

13. Pompey

Pompey Well-Known Member

A tuner of 2 stroke race bikes " i don't care what number is on the jet, just give it what it wants"

14. RR_Kid

RR_Kid Formerly YZF600boy

"yuutttt ugghhhh"

:d:d:d

15. Ed Sorbo

Ed Sorbo Well-Known Member

From Cal Caruthers: “Never mind the bloody number mate, give it what it wants!”

16. theTank

theTank "You're my BOY, Blue!"

". . . I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba...."

-Hunter S. Thompson - "Song of the Sausage Creature"

17. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

"When in doubt gas it!"

"Tighten it till it breaks, then back it off a half-turn."

"If you ain't slidin', you ain't ridin'!"

"we'll start with the rulebook, and work from there. The key is creative interpretation of the rules!"

"Hey, Mongo!"

18. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

From the pitlane:
    Alll you need is WD40 and duct tape. If it won't move and it should use the WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't use the duct tape.

If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

19. MadManx

MadManx Retired for 2013-2014

20. Fent

Fent I'm Registered??

"Well.....Time to get stupid."

Josh Hayes before rolling out on a qualifying tire in 2004/5.