1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pw50 no power up hills

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by kgsteelerfan, Aug 22, 2010.

1. kgsteelerfan

kgsteelerfan New Member

we just got a new fmf fatty pipe and it seemed to help some with my sons bike, but i didnt know if I needed to change the jets in it. Some one also suggested cleaning the clutches. Anyone have any ideas?

2. peter leduc

peter leduc Agaperacing.com

Installing a new pipe on your bike is going to make it somewhat out of tune for a factory machine. Try FMF to get some jetting guidelines or Factory Pro jets. After that take it to a dyno shop and do a run on their machine. They'll probably laugh at you for bringing them a PW50 but a $30 or $40 run will get you a whole lot closer to where you need to be or tell you how far off you really are with the jetting.

PL

3. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

I actaully have the same problem on my 5 year olds PW50- i have the stock pipe and thought maybe the emulsion tube was worn so i found a smokin deal on a new carb and there is no change. It seems like it simply wont rev out or something isnt allowing it to rev out. I am thinking clutches as it has good comppression and does the same thing with half the system/ no exhuast system (so it isnt blocked). and there is no way this thing to turn a dyno drum!
    LMK what you find out! Ill LYK if i find it is the clutches.

4. camp170

camp170 Well-Known Member

Get the YT60 (tri zinger 60) piston, rings, etc, and have it bored approp, you will really like the results.