1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yep, he belongs in the Handicap spot....

Discussion in 'General' started by Repo Man, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Wow..... :crackup:

[​IMG]

2. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Where was the pic taken? Looks like a whole lot of vintage cars in the other spots. ;)

3. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

ANd Its not a parking spot , my guess is a car show . Not at the local Walmart

4. Repo Man

At a local Euro-Centric coffee shop cruise in last Saturday AM....

I'm sure he rides it pretty hard, too.... :p

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Ive been to coffee and cars quite a few times. That is what this get together is called. The lot usually fills up with vintage cars and a few motorcycles. The handicap spots are always filled with non handicap vehicles because the lot is full. Sad fact of the matter is that if these guys didn't show up no one would be at the coffee shop.

6. Shogun rr

Shogun rr body work provider

We just stated to go to cars and coffe in Irvine ca. It is pretty cool impromptu car and bike show. over three hundred cars and 25-50 bikes by 8 a.m every saterday. The cars range from old packards to brand new ferrari 458. We take our porsche gt2 and a stillen 300 zx tt. My favrite cars there so far have been on old porsche carrera 6 la mans racer and a perfectly restored 50's speedster. I really like since its in so cal the car industry involvement. Tesla shows up with there exotic electric super car with p.r. people answering questions and asking for feedback. The best thing motorcycle wise has to be when my g.f. pointed out a m.v. agusta with three foot leather tassels flowing from both handle bars as he went to park. I laughed till it hurt then laughed some more. Its a fun event and worth checking out.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You can get a handicap license plate for motorcycles in Texas. There are a wide variety of handicaps.

Now, back to the bash de jure.

8. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

bash du jour

[de jure and de facto are terms to differentiate a position held by title (de jure) and one held by demonstration/in fact (de facto)]

9. Spyderchick

We did a 'mitt' for a racer a number of years ago that allowed him to wear a brace on his hand. He had a childhood defect, I believe.
    He modded his bike so all the controls were on the left hand side. Pretty cool.

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Damn! I still cornfuse those two...:eek:

11. Repo Man

OK, so maybe he needs a "Biggest DORK in the World" parking space.... :p

12. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Is the guy German or Austrian? If so I met him at Jennings last December. Super cool guy and real quick too. I still can't figure out how he gets it done.

The guy in the picture may be cool and have nice cars, but he looks like a total dweeb.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  13. Spyderchick

No, he was American. He was running a modified Derby at the time.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That dude needs to pull his socks up higher if they are to offer any protection.

15. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

I thought you were using it to mean the bash of the day, which would make sense if you misspelled it as du jour.

All very confusing I say.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Now you've got me even more cornfused. I WAS going for 'bash of the day'.

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Careful now, that kinda looks like Buck before he started workin' out...

18. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

First bike I saw with a handicap license was a custom 3-wheeler in the Dallass VA Hospital parking lot. As I was suiting up for the ride home, dude came rollin' out in his chair, rolled up onto the platform between the rear wheels, latched his chair in place, cranked the `wing motor up and off he went.
    :clap::clap::beer::clap:
    Stylin'!

19. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Yeah, that was my reply - bash du jour.

The stuff under it was a parenthetical aside, for de jure.

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I'm gonna go get a drink. and shit.