Obama Defends Ground Zero Mosque

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by annoying, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I've never said otherwise. I've said from the beginning that I believe in their constitutional rights to build there. That unless it was discovered to be either illegal or have questionable connections which ruins this groups credibility and character they have the right to build there. I've also said that even though they have the right to do so doesn't mean that they should.

2. Sacko DougK

I do not condone that in any way shape or form, nor have I said anything close to that. The only people speaking of hatred and accusing me of hatred are yourself and CMRA. I've only had a discussion concerning this, up until the mudslinging by you two it was pretty civil and a good discussion.

Until the people who are involved in and/or financing this are identified and cleared of any connection to terrorism and the war, that possible connection exists. Since the Imam is in the Middle East trying to find financial support and has not identified who he is currently and previously solicited to there stands the possibility of a connection. Since the money is coming from the Middle East, what is their mindset of a mosque? Why are they supporting a mosque near Ground Zero instead of spending that money to help their fellow muslims in their country or war torn Iraq/Afghanistan? What does this moque represent to the people with the check book in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Syria, Iraq, etc. We've already heard the Hammas opinion.

3. Sacko DougK

How about the mosques in the Phillipines, Malaysia, El Salvador, and throughout Africa?

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:confused: Is there some other way I can voice my opinion without giving offense? It probably won't help that the examples you give are, to me, no different than a cross burning. Can't help how people choose to use a symbol, building, religion, comb, piece o pie. And since when did we give a rat what Hammas has to say? That's Israel's problem.:p

5. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

Not the only connection I guarantee. Smart money says they are helping them with finances and other things. Like thepost above said Muslims use mosques for shelter . They know that no one will attack them od even search them

6. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

You compare one man and one so called church to thousands of mosques and Muslims hollering jihad. That is crazy

7. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

You guys have me seriously considering becoming Muslim.

Quick show of hands.....

How many of you know any Muslims?

8. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

George W lied

9. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

I know 3 or 4 ex muslims
    And like I said one that was beaten for leaving their faith

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

We did that one. The answer was three.:D

11. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

Any problem Israel has is our problem. if Israel wasnt there they would focus on us. Israel serves as a look of how the west works. Hammas doesnt like anything to do with our way of life

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You are wise in the ways of Hammas. I shall defer.

13. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

No and I havent seen any muslims in America standing up on TV and making any remarks against their so called extremists

14. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

Damn good post Blue:up:

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

With people fire-bombing mosques and the level of hate and mistrust why on earth would a moslem bother picking up a microphone? If you want the positive message, talk to a moslem. They're everywhere.

16. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

complete bullshit. If those muslims being fire bombed spoke up against the fanatics, the fire bombing would probably stop. Either you are on one side or the other and by not standing up against the extremists they are showing their acceptance of what the extremists are doing

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You're right, complete bullshit. All moslems are evil. Even the ones fighting alongside our troops, leading us to the bad guys, translating for our troops and getting themselves mutilated by the real enemy.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/08/17/killed-attack-iraqi-army/

Bastards should have spoke up instead of getting blown up. Rock on dude.

18. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Mostly through school and professional activities, I have known a fair share of Muslim.

First Muslim I met was from Pakistan back when I was in HS. Kid was a refugee in the US (we had that in common).

Miami has it fair of Muslim (mostly African American) at least the ones I knew.

I was surprised at the number of Muslims in Kansas City. My diet has me visiting strange places.:D

19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I worked from nearly two years with a Gentlemen from Iraq who was living in Canada and responsible for designs on a project that I was working and he was pro-American.

He had left Iraq a while back for political reasons (prosecution).

There are some Muslims out there that are vocal against extremist but they don't make the news. However, more oppositon would not hurt.

20. dannyjames1684

dannyjames1684 Ride slow homie

:crackup: Head down to Dearborn, MI and ask around to see how many of those jihadists you can find. Did you actually watch the news feeds that covered this topic? I mean, actually covered it. You know, the ones that asked the views of Muslims that were not too afraid to even show their faces after these attacks? If you did, and you still have the opinion that there were no Muslims that have stood up and spoken out against these attacks, then you are certainly entitled to your informed opinion.