1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got me a new bike

Discussion in 'General' started by RubberChicken, Aug 15, 2010.

1. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Gonna make it a race bike. Already mounted the SharkSkinz race plastic and Akro pipe, Woodcraft rearsets and Stomp Grips.

Here's a better looking photo than I could ever do:

[​IMG]
    OK, I stole the photo off the S1000RR forum...but that is identical to my bike, pre-race setup.

2. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

wait

there is a bike in that picture?

3. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Where the heck was the girl this morning when I was having a go on it? :mad:

:D

(And good luck with it Rubberducky)

4. caferace

caferace No.

Handcuffed in the basement?

-jim

5. mlysung

mlysung Active Member

now that's the ideal riding position..

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Heck no, that's all filled up.

I'm using the woodshed now.

7. RubberChicken

Why'd ya think I didn't care if you rode my new bike? I was playing with her in the wood shed.

(would you go give her some water? I bet she's thirsty by now.)

8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Your bike has armor-all on the tires?:p

9. RubberChicken

So here are the Before and After photos of MY S1000RR...

Before:

[​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

The bodyworks i back off of it, going for paint tomorrow. Some version of the BMW WSBK type paint scheme.

Gotta give huge props to Woodcraft, SharkSkinz, Akrapovic and Stomp Grips. Every part fit PERFECTLY, not weird cutting or drilling needed, the SharkSkinz dimples were EXACTLY where the holes needed to be drilled.

More huge props to my sponsors/supporters, Hermy's BMW/Triumph in Port Clinton, PA, MFS Metal Finishig Systems in Lionville, PA, Roger Lule's Motorcycle Excitement Track Days, and of course the Rubber Chicken Racing Garage. Those guys deserve lots of credit for making this effort possible for an old, over-the-hill racer. They all have contrbuted HEAVIL"Y to thsi build, in money and time, as well as encouragement. This is NOT a checkbook racebike.

It still gives me wood.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Do you use Dzues fittings on her nipples to keep the plastic on? She looked pretty fast already.

11. RubberChicken

Ummm, dude, that's not ArmorAll. I think she was leaking a little...I guess the excitement made her a little too "ready.'

12. RubberChicken

Of course I used Dzus fasteners from KurveyGirl. I wanted fast access under the bodywork!

13. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Would have been better to have the thread title "Got me a new ride", and see how long before anyone noticed the bike!

14. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Congrats Tom......:up:

15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

She would defeinitely need stompgrip if I was to ride her.

16. bad67deuce

bad67deuce Well-Known Member

Nice bike, does Hermy have one of these in the showroom by chance?? I still have'nt seen one in person yet.

17. RubberChicken

Yes, I saw one there when I was up there on Saturday. I think he may even have another one in the back, unsold.

If you go to look at it, please remember to tell them that you are looking as a result of his support of roadracing. You know how that works.

18. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

Sweet, I want one.