1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experience with Jaw Fracture anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by YZROOSTINYA, Aug 10, 2010.

1. F27Corsair

F27Corsair Well-Known Member

I had my maxilla (upper part of mouth) broken. 6 weeks my jaw was wired shut. Smoothie stores became my religion with lots of protein supplement added. I lost 25 lbs during my ordeal. Beanies and weenies blended was pretty good. Eat often (even though you don't want to) and try to eat high calorie foods.
    I wouldnt recommend mashing up your meds and slurping them through a straw- I did that with codeine and 5min. later the room was spinning HARD. I remember lots of stuff getting stuck in my metal/teeth as well and hard to get out.
    Also, after that ordeal my mouth naturally had a tendency to clench- and still does. I also grind my teeth at night. I have just now started wearing a mouth piece to bed and my wife has to continually remind me to stop clenching (I still clench and my mouth was wired shut 5 years ago).
    The process of eating real food after your hardware comes out will be painfully slow. The only thing you'll want to do is eat a pizza or a burger but you'll only be able to open your jaw about 1/16 of an inch or so. I would continually stick my fingers between my teeth to stretch my mouth out. It sounds weird, but it helped me measure my progress of how wide i could open my mouth. Oh yeah, having the wires ripped out of your gums is definitely an interesting experience.

2. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

all wired. feels ten times better than yesterday. Thanks for all your help everyone.

3. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Show us some grill pics.

4. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

How bout some pics, John? Heal up quick, bro!:beer:

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Fer rill, let's see that grill. I guess your girl got that gift she's always wanted..... A man who is a good listener. Heal up soon and don't try to smoke through your nose!

6. YZROOSTINYA

grillin' and chillin'

Attached Files:

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Glad to see you're feeling better, might I ask what caused this injury to begin with?

8. YZROOSTINYA

some one parked it in front of me, I moved over, they moved over and parked it again. my face met there tail at about 100 after my front tire popped his r6 tail up perferfectly to lower jaw height.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTkv6_vVQAg

better pics

Thanks all again for advice

Attached Files:

9. chalyror6

chalyror6 corky #193

I broke my jaw in April,and couldnt do the wire shut thing. cost more but screws and plates workedfor me. Flat track & xr100!

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yea but you broke the track record!:up:

11. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

The Mean Machine JP sportin' a Plenty Money Racing Shirt with a grill! I'm about to get a tear in my eye!:up::rock:

12. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Lookin sharp, dude:up: Heal fast!

13. KneeScraper

KneeScraper I'm a new Dad!!!

JP good meeting you at VIR. Heal up quick, dude!

14. YZROOSTINYA

I have no fear.
    Manotti is taking me out for a nice steak dinner in 4-6 weeks.
    I am gonna wear my Plenty Money shirt too! PM4L!

15. tzrboy

tzrboy Working hard to play harder!

I'll up Manotti with a night at the Creekside....

EastPennGrill Mfg. by JP:)

16. RollieManollie

You're getting a Pat's Cheesesteak or WaWa's at 3am since you depreciated all my equipment this year.

Will you still be patroling the streets of Hatfield and Landsdale with your XL while you're recovering? I bettcha crime will go up 20% if you're not patroling the place. What will the fine citizen's do during your recovery? :cool:

17. tzrboy

tzrboy Working hard to play harder!

Better step up the PM4L horn on the XL, tape a flashlight or lava lamp onto the rear rack, have Kruzel make you up some Black and White CHIPS graphics, and don the brown Underarmor 2pc...

Of course getting pulled over would sound like "LLLLLLLLLLiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssss aaaaaa%&%^&&^#$$nnnnndddddddd

Get some of them lobster bibs from the crab shack, they should catch the drool real nice.

Take him to the 7-11 in Martinsburg by the horse track at the next Summit round when the safety wire is clipped... ummmmmmmmm spicy chicken taquido's and a 40!!!

18. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

Wired shut 8 weeks...compound fracture on the left side, shattered my chin, and right side.

26 hours of surgery, and just over 1.5 million pounds in investment (send my thanks to the queen) and I can't feel 1/2 my face still.

I clinch at night, and my jaw will sometimes lock in the morning.

I get random pain spurts while just relaxing...They say it's my nerve endings growing back.

I can't feel majority of my teeth, both lips, and my entire jaw line...My chin is entirely fake since they couldn't reconstruct it.

Man did I love milk shakes...went from 160lbs to about 115 when all was said and done.

Edit: I had a cavity three weeks ago on the lower left....I told the dentist to not worry about numing it..He thought I was a lunatic...I explained my surgeries, and the dude did work...Never felt a thing.

19. RollieManollie

Hahahaha!!!:crackup:
    He won't be rockin' the blonde baton!

20. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

dude.. sorry to hear this. Heal up!!