1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad Day at VIR

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Aug 7, 2010.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Thoughts and prayers to Jennifer and family. We were pitted across from him and I first met him this weekend. Very friendly and personable guy. It was an absolutely terrible thing to happen.

Rest in peace.

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Rest in Peace.

3. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

4. Smithjeb

Smithjeb Well-Known Member

5. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

Met him ealier this year at Summit briefly along with his wife.
    Very nice people with my limited exposure.

RIP

John Palmer

6. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

RIP fellow rider :(

7. AvidFan

AvidFan Active Member

RIP Rob..wish I would have had the pleasure of interviewing you.

8. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about your loss and looking at the picture is a hard pill to swallow as get home from a race weekend and hear my girls laughing in the background :(. Really makes you think....... Prayers to you and your dear son.

9. milroyjr

milroyjr Flatlander

R.I.P. Fellow Racer

10. karma

karma Well-Known Member

RIP

So sad... :(

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

RIP ROB

12. Erz

Erz Well-Known Member

RIP

13. nemo cockrell

nemo cockrell Well-Known Member

mrs. gette the picture really broke me down.. i have no kids but wish my best to you and your son..wow im speechless best wishes

14. Slick228

Slick228 I dropped oil there, too.

Godspeed Rob.

A number of the MARRC crew heard about this yesterday during the AMA Flat Track races in Hagerstown, MD. We were all taken aback by the situation and were all quite saddened.

Condolences to the family and friends.

15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I never had the pleasure of meeting Rob but I send prayers to his family and friends who will miss him dearly.

16. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Having previously gridded up with Rob makes this hit even harder. Jennifer and Owen I am very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you both and all his family and friends. RIP Rob.

17. chalyror6

chalyror6 corky #193

Godspeed rob,and I hope Ian and the other rider have a quick recovery

18. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Jennifer, I can't say a thing to take away from your pain. I am so sorry. What a black cloud settled over the paddock. I wish there was something I could do... :confused:

May God go with you and your son.

19. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

This is tough. I met Rob at the last Road Atlanta round and had two of my most fun races this year with him. We spoke briefly Thursday about how I beat him at my "home" race, and that he was hoping to return the favor over the weekend. Condolences to Rob's family and friends, and get well soon Ian and Jim.

20. teamdreamin

teamdreamin Member

RIP sorry to hear this..We are all a big family here and it hurts all of us to hear this..May god be with the family and sorry for your loss.