1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Race at CMP???

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by jasonhise, Aug 7, 2010.

1. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

I have heard that the surface at CMP is fairly harsh on tires. Does anyone think/know if I would go through a set of Power Races, Med/Soft compound at a high intermiediate, lower advanced pace? They are brand now, I will use warmers and it will be on a mostly stock 06 GSXR 750. Thanks for any feedback.

2. zook131

zook131 Well-Known Member

Yes CMP is hard on tires. I went to CMP in June & it was HOT & I ride an R6 w/warmers & my rear had about 70% left on a set of BT003RS's and by the end of the day my rear was SLICK on the rt side. I actually low sided because my rear broke loose & I did not follow my better judgement & kept pushing it. If you are doing multiple days you may wan to flip the rear.

3. jasonhise

Thanks for the help. I planned on being a little more cautious towards the end of the day anyway, but I will definitely keep feeling the tires out. Hopefully I'm not too hard-headed to listen to them...

4. alpineman107

alpineman107 Member

What dates you hitting up cmp?

5. jasonhise

4 Sept. w/ NESBA... I miss my 03 ZX-6RR by the way....

6. transman

transman Well-Known Member

It's still sitting here calling your name. I haven't had the time to ride it lately.

7. jasonhise

Did she heal up from the last time? :(

8. transman

transman Well-Known Member

haha. yeah.

9. NCcummins

NCcummins NADEAU

see ya there!:beer:

10. alpineman107

alpineman107 Member

I cant wait im goin for both days in sept.. cant wait to try my new track bike out!!

11. DeathDealer

DeathDealer Well-Known Member

Same here. CMP on the 5th will be my first trackday in 5 years and on my new R6 track bike. Now, if the heat can stay in the low 80's I'd be happy.

12. Steverin06

Steverin06 Well-Known Member

There are days in Sept?