1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep Zac Chapman in your thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Go Zac Go!

2. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

The fight in Zac is so amazing and I am so happy to see that fight gaining steam and making progress toward a life outside of a hospital for him.

3. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

:stupid:

(not that you are stupid Ev, but there is no "I'm with the smart chick who runs WERA while her husband eats pie" emoticon thingy)

4. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

not to thread jack..

you didn't see this on the emoticon page :confused:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  5. the mother

the mother Love my 250

Keep up the good work Zac, and I will keep you and your family in my prayer's. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

What an amazing story of family strength and determination. Thanks for sharing. Keep it up!

7. zacsmom

zacsmom Well-Known Member

Sun. 7-25-10
    Another great day with Zac at BIR! The posse came today as well :) Zac worked his arms and his legs out again down in the therapy department. They let him use the equipment on the weekends when he doesn't get therapy. I gave Zac a 2# bar for arm curls and he did about 3 reps and then asked " do they have heavier ?" So, Zac did 30 reps of arm curls with a 3# bar! Go Zac!!! He is getting muscle definition again :)

8. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Awesome news. More prayers sent.

10. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Keep fighting Zac! Good things are in store!!!

11. 2old2fat2slow

2old2fat2slow DragonKnee Racing

Zac you are an inspiration to all of us! Praise God and keep fighting!!!!!

12. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Awesome. That's about what I can do :D

13. RoadracerR123

RoadracerR123 Well-Known Member

This thread makes me smile. Can't wait to see what else is in store. :rock:

14. zacsmom

They are trying a combination of 2 meds to help decrease the spasms that Zac has. One of the side effects is drowsiness. I think those of us that went to BIR today might have seen a little of that in Zac today :)
    I transferred Zac today several times and got approval to transfer him out of bed and out of his wheelchair on the weekends.
    He worked so hard today! Here's a picture:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  15. kmac

kmac Well-Known Member

What a blessing and what great joy it is to read of Zac's progress! Zac you keep fighting, we will keep praying and God will keep blessing all of us!
    Amen

16. the mother

the mother Love my 250

Wow Zac keep up the good work. My prayer's are with you and your family every night. Jus kee fighting GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU

17. zacsmom

Good day with Zac at BIR. Took him down to the 2nd floor for him to work out his arms, shoulders, and wrists. Did a leg workout too before heading back upstairs where I transferred Zac from his wheelchair to the bed. I told Zac the transfer was easy for me and asked him how he thought i did; he said I did good :)
    Zac was seen by another ENT on Friday who did a scope of Zac's throat and vocal cords. It seems that the reason Zac is not talking very loud as well as continuing to have difficulty swallowing is due to the right vocal cord having a "large, severe tremor". They could do Botox, but this would increase his chances of choking. So, only time, and more speech therapy will tell if this will get better.
    The ENT also said that the opening where Zac's trach was has not closed. There is air escaping still from the very small hole that remains. If it does not close, they will have to do surgery to make a clean incision and then stitch it up.

18. the mother

the mother Love my 250

Zac up the good work ,your always in my prayer's GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

19. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

Nightly prayers still in force. Hope Zac is hanging in there. I believe quiet to be a sign that things are going well.

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Prayers continue every morning for Zac, his family and friends.

OBTW, a little JBWeld will fix up that trach leak real quick!