1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dont like job, how to stay enthusiastic?

Discussion in 'General' started by caboose, Jul 24, 2010.

1. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

I'm sure there are others out there that have a job they don't like. That's the boat I'm in now. While i like my job itself, the work is somewhat stimulating, it seems that the company i work for is run by a group of shit-flinging monkeys.

I have no desire to move up anywhere in the company, and genuinely feel like there's no future for me here. Lately i've been finding it very difficult to stay enthusiastic about my work...

I am looking for employment elsewhere but things are moving slowly.. the job market for my skillset is not great at the moment...

Do you guys have any tips or ideas on how to keep my head in my work?

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

1. Think about the bills you have to pay.

2. Designate certain hours of your work as "hobby money."

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If the work is stimulating, you're actually not in a really bad situation. I have been in the opposite situation where I hated the work and somewhat enjoyed the people (well, at least some of them): it was painful everyday. I would have traded places with you in a minute.

4. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

Pee in your boss's coffee.

5. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

See a Hypnotist,

then go see the Bobs.

6. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Harden the F#ck up and do the best job you can and take solace in that.

7. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

I thought all company's were run by shit flinging monkeys? I remember seeing many hot women in Toronto, have an affair?

8. I find that drinking strong coffee until I have the attention span of a gnat makes everything more interesting. Plus, your whole day becomes more urgent and exciting because of the constant need to go to the restroom.

9. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Find out if the boss has a hot daughter, then figure out what you need to do to become part owner ;-)

10. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Print this and place in your work area :up:

11. GixxerRacer371

GixxerRacer371 Well-Known Member

yep I'm going to have to do that. :up:

12. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

My boss is only two years older than me, but his fiancee is hot.... :Poke:

I drink a lot of water during the day, i have to pee enough as it is!! haha

Done and done.

The Beebs has some very entertaining stuff to read.. unfortunately i'm not really supposed to spend all day on the innernetz.

13. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

The moment you walk into the office grab the biggest book around and then hit yorself squarely in the nuts followed quickly with a shot to the head...work won't be so painful after that ;)

14. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

http://www.murphys-laws.com/

Maybe this will help:

Murphy's Laws

# The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.
    # If you can't get your work done in the first 24 hours, work nights.
    # A pat on the back is only a few inches from a kick in the pants.
    # Don't be irreplaceable, if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.
    # It doesn't matter what you do, it only matters what you say you've done and what you say you're going to do.
    # After any salary raise, you will have less money at the end of the month than you did before.
    # The more crap you put up with, the more crap you are going to get.
    # You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
    # Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
    # Never ask two questions in a business letter. The reply will discuss the one you are least interested in, and say nothing about the other.
    # When the bosses talk about improving productivity, they are never talking about themselves.
    # If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
    # There will always be beer cans rolling on the floor of your car when the boss asks for a ride home from the office.
    # The boss is always right.
    # Mother said there would be days like this, but she never said there would be so many.
    # Keep your boss's boss off your boss's back.
    # Everything can be filed under "miscellaneous".
    # Never delay the ending of a meeting or the beginning of a cocktail hour.
    # To err is human, to forgive is not company policy.
    # In case of an atomic bomb attack, work rules will be temporarily suspended.
    # Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing.

15. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

maybe things will get better, focus more on you and less on the monkeys!

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

FN quit. Life is too short. Honestly why be unhappy. Plenty of opportunities in this country to do what you really want to do.

17. PEKENG

PEKENG Well-Known Member

Look on the bright side - it only takes up 1/3 of your day. Well actually it takes up 1/2 of the time your actually awake. Wait a minute - was I suppose to be helping.

18. forceten

forceten Well-Known Member

Work for yourself? No clue what you do though.....

19. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

Daydream about racing all day! :up:

20. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

focus on what you're grateful for. you need to change your perspective.