1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1000cc eligibility...

Discussion in 'General' started by fastfreddie, May 2, 2003.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

You know, this seems harsh even for you Brad. Is everything ok? Or is this a way to get mongo to say you cant race at the cycle jam? Then you can say " I would have been there if it wasnt for that mongo jerk-off "

Just wondering. BTW, will you be coming out to visit at the cycle jam? We miss you. I dont get to see you very often and it pains me

2. sv tinker

sv tinker Well-Known Member

Doesn't BW ride an R1? I think they put out equal power to the GSXR750. That GSXR1000 is one bad mother.Thank you Sean for not lengthening an already long sprint day by adding a stupid idea of an novice liter class.I say let ccs have the corcs and minis too.:D

3. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I happen to like the mini's and the wife enjoyed her mini races. You bully and your big bike

4. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

repitition does not make your stand correct, just repetitive

As for the way it is, that is how WERA chose to establish classes, fine, live with it or leave, the choice is yours.

I believeth the horse hath quit breathing.:Poke:

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

LRRS (A CCS affilliate that requires AMA membership to obtain a license :confused: ), tried barring Amateurs from running liter bikes, but found that it was easier to just not run the classes. Loudon is a tight track, and Jerry Wood figured that newbies on liter bikes was insane. Sandy McPherson keeps a very detailed log of track incidents that goes way back to the days when we were still Bryar Motorsports Park. Her stats showed a higher than normal number of incidents with more severe consequences in that group, and those are the numbers that Jerry ran with in pushing for the restriction.
    It was pointed out that at Loudon, 750's can run lower lap times than a larger bike. Jerry countered with his belief that somebody would have to put a good chunk of money into their bike before that happened, as opposed to 1000 CC's right out of the box.

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

anyone seen aaron yates crash the dogshit out of a 600? how about a full on superbike? the same crash.

the rule is stupid. like i said, if wera is THAT concerned.......maybe we could register, and draw names for finishes. since wera is SOOOOO concerned for novice safety and all.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Brad - quit your whining. If you can't win on a bike with less displacement in the larger turnout classes that's your problem but don't blame the rule for it.

8. mad brad

mad brad Guest

:rolleyes: whatever mongo. CCS amateurs are dropping like flies on those big 1000's aren't they? :up:

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

year 2000 unlimited supersport championship 2nd place. {on a 600}

face it mongo, your rule has no basis, or merit. CCS is proving you wrong each year. statisticly, if you pull up all your serious lifeflights, i'd bet the majority of the bikes ridden at the time were 600's. i can think of one right now.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just out of curiousity - what's your best WERA finish?

As for lifeflights - that's about a stupid example. We don't allow Novices to run literbikes so of course more riders are on other bikes. That's like me saying that CCS has many, many more Novices crashing literbikes than we do. Many more, like thousands of percent more. Our riders on literbikes don't crash. None of them.

As for actual examples - find me the last US world champ that started racing on a literbike. What did your revered Godbert ride as a Novice?

Just for the whose riders are better discussion - find me one that raced CCS... :)

11. mad brad

mad brad Guest

like i said morongo, your argument has no merit. but i digress, if you want to shunt a huge population of riders over to CCS, go ahead. i noticed the paddock at vir was busting at the seams while kershaw was a ghost-town.

BTW, what is your best ever finish? have you ever even raced? riding a slow assed twin shock kawasaki shouldn't make you and expert on big bikes should it?

12. mad brad

mad brad Guest

colin edwards do for ya?

how about brian livengood?

rich conicelli?

andrew mueller?

13. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

:rolleyes:

Somethings never change.

14. mad brad

mad brad Guest

huey, glee club forum is over next door.

15. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Yupp some things... never, ever change.

16. mad brad

mad brad Guest

funny how a 600cc bike today makes as much horsepower as a gsxr1100 did back when that stupid antiquated rule was made.

17. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yep, huey's still a woman. :D

18. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

How's this:

Brad, pick your track.
    Mongo have your lawyer draw up a 'we told him not to but he wanted to anyway' letter.
    Brad sign it.
    I'll pay your entry fees.

It'll be the biggest, sold out WERA event ever.

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Brad, If it was made when 1100 made 105hp why would anyone want to change it when a 1000 makes 160 now???

20. mad brad

mad brad Guest

:confused: