1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nashville media

Discussion in 'General' started by backdraftmoto, May 3, 2003.

1. backdraftmoto

backdraftmoto I make Nissan trucks...

Sent this in this morning to all the news channels and newspapers I could think of....

WERA Roadracing comes to Nashville Superspeedway

The May 9th, 10th, and 11th weekend will host WERA Roadracing's first event in the Middle Tennessee area. Scheduled for the weekend events include round 3 of the WERA/Dunlop National Endurance Series. The Friday race will be a 4-hour long race starting at 1:00 PM and will look for Vesrah Suzuki to continue their dominating 2003 form. Saturday's action will feature the WERA Sportsman Series, which will contain sixteen 10-lap races starting at high noon. Motorcycles competing will be similar to any that can be purchased from a local dealer, such as the Suzuki GSXR600 and SV650 or the Honda RC51. Sunday's action with feature round 3 of the WERA National Challenge Series. Local competitors such as Tray Batey from Gallatin, Scott Brown from White House, and Canaan Manley from Woodbury will look to perform well in the first Nashville races in their respective classes. Twelve 12-lap races will take place during the afternoon, starting at 12 PM.

Media staff members are invited to attend the races and witness a new track record to be set and some of the most exciting action on two wheels.

2. backdraftmoto

Murfreesboro's Daily News Journal confirmed they will be there. The Cannon Courier (Woodbury) will run some info after the weekend also.

Anyone need me to contact their local paper for them? You are welcome to use what I wrote to send in, or add something about yourself.

3. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

Good write, but it didn't mention me!

4. backdraftmoto

It's hard to list the 20 racers from Nashville that will be there, don't you think?

I was requested to get some info of the local racers for the DNJ. They want to do the local round-up like I did last year. So Scarbs, as the best finishing Novice at Talladega, you will get some honors I'd imagine. Watch the Wednesday papers, it has the race section in it. :clap:

5. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

dude, now I'm flattered. I got lucky i guess. Fourth place isn't bad, it wasn't first darn it.
    I can't wait to ride Nashville.
    Thanks man.

6. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

I've heard of the first two guys but who the hell is that third guy? :confused:

:Poke: :D

7. WERA 20

WERA 20 Well-Known Member

Saturday, sixteen ten lap races??? Are there no solo 20's? I was pretty sure Saturday was the regular Sportsman series. Am I dazed and confused? HELP!

8. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

At combined Regional/National weekends (like the Cycle Jam and GNF) there are no Solo 20's. Same goes for Nashville.

9. JGarvin1

JGarvin1 Active Member

awesome, great idea. Im glad someone has done there homework and is getting some public intrest

Good job