1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think i heard my neighbors dog just get eaten by a hawk...

Discussion in 'General' started by james walker, Jul 14, 2010.

1. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Tasty, tasty murder..

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Walker, did you ever find out what happened?

3. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

I think The Falconer is out back with the camcorder.

4. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

nope. i expected if one of the little yappers was missing they would've gone door to door last night but i didn't see anyone, but i also didn't get home from work 'til around 7:00. i'll go investigate tonight.

5. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

While ya’ll are at the video site, try EAGLE VS. MOUNTAIN GOAT.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Is there a rent a hawk place place in Georgia anywhere? I need my neighbors Yappers taken out...

7. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

[​IMG]

:clap:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  8. JOSEPH150

JOSEPH150 Member

Saw a hawk in downtown charlotte on 9th st.perched on the overhead phone line today with a fresh kill.Bood and guts everywhere, people walking around the dripping guts.They were freaking out.Good stuff.

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Awesome. I love birds of prey. My friend's wife's white cat disappeared one day, he lives in Sunland right at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains. Come to find out, the hawks were coming down from the mountains and eating light colored kitties all over town. Yum yum!

I call chihuahuas taco dogs. Not because of the commercials, but because they have just enough meat to make one carne asada taco. Or would that be carne el doggo? I ran over a stupid little chihuahua a few months ago, the dumb thing ran under my back wheel as I was driving up the street. I felt a (very) slight thump, looked back and it was twitching. I went back so I could pretend that I cared, mainly because I live on that street and people saw me and I didn't want any cholos knocking on my door in the middle of the night complaining about his dead yapper. One of the neighbors said to me "Hey, at least now they can make a pizza!" Haha.

There was a program in New York City a few years back where they used hawks to kill and scare off pigeons. It was extremely successful. However, a hawk one day decided to take someone's little yapper dog for a light snack and they ended the program. I say they should've expanded it. Fix the problem with cats, pigeons, and little yappers.

10. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Raptors don't pierce the branch, they just grab it (perch)

When raptors (especially eagles) attack thier prey, thier talons pierce the animal with the force of a gunshot. They can't retract thier tallons back in thier foot like a cat can. The only way to remove the animal is for the bird to tear it off.

I spent some time in Vancouver island and bc Columbia. Eagles where everywhere; learned a lot from various kayak and rafting trips from the guides. A few of them mentioned abouting finding dead eagles that have drowed with a fish attched to thier talons.

We also had a pair of bald eagles nested above the deck of our condo. Those thing spend most of thier day just staring over the water, looking like they're about to f something up. Clearly they know that they're a bad ass bird.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  11. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

Really, so killing a small animal that someone loves and is a part of their family doesn't bother you and makes you laugh? You're a sick dude.

12. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

What is the weight-scale for dogs that deserve to live and dogs that deserve to die? 10 pounds? 20 pounds?????

Anyone that thinks a dogs death is funny, is sick :down:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anything under 40 pounds is a good start.

14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

some days you're just an idiot. Today is one of those days.

15. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

You know, it's funny. I used to agree with that. But the other day I stole the neighbor kid's black lab and it was pretty good eatin. It was kinda sad because she is retarded and all the other kids hate her and throw stuff at her and the dog was her only friend but I got through that. In fact, I made her watch as I carved over forty lbs of meat off that thing. I was surprised that it wasn't chewy or anything. I think it's key that when preparing retarded kid's house pets you pay special attention to the brine. I like a good sugar cure when I shatter some kid's dreams.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

And anything under 20lbs is not a dog. It's vermin.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sugar curing is just too sweet for me, I prefer a basic salt/onion/brown sugar brine overnight then smoke it low and slow for a day. Yum yum!

18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

You my friend, need to youtube eagle vs. Mountain goat.

19. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Don't be too quick to judge a sugar cure, my friend. The key is to adjust the sugar saturation to how many lbs of dog meat you are gonna cook. But I just stole some blind old lady's seeing eye dog and I think I am gonna try your recipe.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll give sugar a shot next time.