1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Three Links for Vintage GP racing...

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by videojack, Jul 21, 2010.

1. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

2. Patman

Patman Well-Known Member

Hey Jack,

Is that the V1 /350GP race? My clutch shit the bed in V1 on the third lap. Steven and I had a great race for 3rd in 500GP. I'm the bike that ran straight off the track at the end of the back straight on the first lap. Did you get the pm regarding Tri. 500s?

Patman

3. Patman

Patman Well-Known Member

Sorry Jack. I should've specified. I'm referring to the Kershaw video. Cheers.

4. videojack

I was right behind you.

When you overshot turn 11. Nice job on coming out right behind me after 13.
    We did get lots of footage and will play with it more when I don't have to swap motors for Roebling Road.

5. Patman

Patman Well-Known Member

I understand completely. I've got gearbox and clutch issues to sort out myself before VIR. DNFs suck.

6. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Ouch...Jesse said Jamie was going in too fast [right before he crashed] Jamie--you OK?

7. videojack

DNFs Suck

Patman, did you hear my story at the GP500.
    Long one made short...
    Uprighting for the last turn and trying to limp it in as fast as I could...
    The motor goes like the ignition was just turned off...
    Pull in the clutch to keep close to normal speed through the last one.
    When uprighted, I see Chuck waving the checkered flag so I dumped the clutch. It fired up on one cylinder and I crossed the finish, under power.
    A DNF would have made it a serious dissapoint, within sight of the checkered.

8. Patman

Patman Well-Known Member

You dodged a bullet. Good on ya. What happened to the motor? Catastrophic?

9. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

in the road atlanta video did one guy lean on the other guy so hard, or hit him that they both fell?

10. videojack

Charlie?

11. Jordan's Dad

Jordan's Dad Member

Jesse, i'm fine, a little bruised and did a little damage to the pretty old bike. The rear tire slide out and before i could stand the bike up it grabbed, went to bar slapping and then over the front - ugh

12. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

that question is good for at least 2 more pages of responses.

....and that's just from Charlie alone. :D

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  13. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Charlie is a pretty resilient boy to bounce off the ground like that and walk away with a few bruised ribs...Boy's a superball, or he has neanderthal clavicles...BOING!

14. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

That's a funny statement...Chum.....he crashes at 70 mph gets up and walks away...but he breaks his ribs going 5 mph on my boys xr 50.....

15. Chumbucket

God has a sense of humor...

16. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I dont know why, but that XR crash hurt worse, no bs...:( ...maybe cuz I went splat and stuck....didnt slide anywhere.

The vid speaks for itself, but to answer KMC, only one guy crashed, me, the guy in the racing line.:p ....I did get back up, restart, and beat the guy.:beer:

This is jamies show.....:rolleyes:

17. CharlieY

And he seems to use it on me alot.....

18. Chumbucket

Those XR50's are widow makers...

19. CharlieY

HEY NOW:mad: :D

You ready for VIR chum?....hey Jack.....put a camera on old Chum!!!

Actually Jack will be picking up that brake from ya Chris, and he does randomly mount cameras.:up:

20. videojack

I'll bring some more mounts and set Chum up with the same 50/50 video rights deal that everybody else gets. Yes, I am behind on burning to disc to send out to those whom I owe.