1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JOHN HOPKINS... cool ass dude!

Discussion in 'General' started by samueljames, Jul 22, 2010.

1. samueljames

samueljames Well-Known Member

i was at superbike last weekend and during the paddock walk or whatever i saw john hopkins behind the paddock, sunglasses hat on the low... but i know what he looks like cause all i do is watch motogp shit! laim but owell at least its not a drinkin or smoking habbit. so i was like danm i gotta get back there..

so i told the guy blocking the way i gotta see him... the dumbass didnt know who he was and said ok. anyway HE TOOKS PICS WITH ME AND THEN WITH MY THREE YR OLD JUST HIM AN HER.. he was happy to do it and made small talk... i ran my ass back to my camaro and grabbed the motogp gloves from my camaro trunk and he sighned them ! i know a few famous people damon wayens,vince vaghn,kirsty alley, but by far he is the most real and was happy to meet us!

2. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

hell yea John Hopkins is the man! can't wait to see him make his return to AMA!

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Vince Vaughn was cool as shit. Bought me a shot at Foundation Room in Vegas a few years back.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Met Hopper at Daytona after warmup he stopped for a photo, shook my hand chatted a bit. Met Nicky there too and he wouldn't even break stride. And Hopper was the guy working that weekend. Says it all for this fan.

5. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

Do you drive a camaro?

6. dexter69

dexter69 Well-Known Member

Cool story! Like to hear people will take time out to say hello.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Another cool one is Zemke. Years back I took Sam to VIR and we saw Jake walking through the pits all sorts of tore up. Bandaged, bleeding and limping. I said to Sam who was a fan of his "Nah, leave him alone, he's hurt pretty bad".
    Jake heard us whispering, turned on his heels and came over to us and introduced himself to us. Smiled for photos (even though he was bleeding and in pain) and hung for a good 5 minutes.

Hella nice dude!

8. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Met Earl Hayden at indy. That guy was just downright cool.

9. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

kirsty alley?

10. samueljames

yes i have a 2010 red v6 camaro 304 hp..6 speed. got it with 2 miles..lol
    anyway earl hayden was at superbike to selling autographed ts from the boys.. i didnt meet him cause he went to watch tommy race! and then like i said i missed sunday.

11. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

I got to sit with Hopper, Villa, and Cardenas in their pit at the RA round for a while, all thanks to Alex V 884. Was unbelievable! Really great, down to earth guys!!

12. samueljames

o kirsty alley .. i was gonna work for her. live in security i went to her house in los feliz they showed me every thing , i knew she had liemersbefore she was on tv they where in a room on the lower floor her house was 8 mil. her sons room in the basement floor with a tv as big as my living room wall... anyway my job hated on me and i think gave me a bad ref... thats the city of cleveland for u. they didnt want lebron to leave either ..lol

13. a2003R6Se

a2003R6Se Well-Known Member

Spot on about Zemke. The wife and I met him at Road America this year along with Hayes. They were chatting it up, and I mentioned that "that's Melissa's husband and that's the guy that rides for Micheal Jordan's team". They heard me and asked if we wanted to take some pictures. Pretty cool dudes in my book.

14. ToxicRacing

ToxicRacing Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it wasn't the bad reference :crackup:

Knowing how to spell her name would have been a huge plus !

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  15. cNYnCArvr

cNYnCArvr A little bit of this...

Hell yeah, I ran into Vince at a hole in the wall pub back in NY 9yrs ago. My buddy and I were the only ones in the place, being a quiet wednesday night, and Vince and his little entourage came in. Vince was drinking PBR all night and kept my buddy in the loop for every shot of bourbon had. Singing Johny Cash and some other country stuff for about 2hrs. I think I even bought him a round, PBR 2 for $1, lol.

Another star story was me slamming a door closed in Chris Noth's and his original Law and order partner Adrian something another' face when him and some guys were trying to get into the bar I was working in 30 minutes after we closed. my quote after them claiming to know the owner and be there all the time "guys I work here 4 nights a week and have never seen your faces across the bar however, I do love you both on Law and Order but unless you are going to my class tomorrow morning I don't give a F*@& who you are!!"

I got a wave and acknowledgment from Hopper at Cal speedway last year when he was testing out the GSXR during a fastrack event. And here is a quick pic I got in a quick chat with Edwards at Laguna in 2007.

Attached Files:

16. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

You have to ask Edwards to stop talking. Guy is hilarious.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Kirstie Alley: 2x if I could keep it quiet.

18. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

It's those eyes, man. I wouldn't even bother to keep it quiet.

I'm gonna start a new thread.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

WTF is Vince Vaughn?