1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think i heard my neighbors dog just get eaten by a hawk...

Discussion in 'General' started by james walker, Jul 14, 2010.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

Viva La SpeedyE takin one for da team. :p

2. danch

danch Well-Known Member

Delicious, succulent, murder

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'll take my murder rare to medium rare.

4. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I don't think thats true, how would "prey" be any different than a "branch" I don't see eagles flying around with trees they could not let go of.

5. PCP

PCP King of the who?

Awesome. haha!
    :crackup:

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

You sir, are my homeboy! :D

7. JustinCase

JustinCase I Forget

Where did you learn that? It doesn't seem logical to me, but I am no ornithologist.

Perhaps you are thinking of a monkey trap situation where they don't want to let go. Of course then it would be called big ass dumb bird trap wouldn't it?

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:D^^vI agree, and the mullet that hit my windshield would agree also.

9. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I had birds of prey when I was in high school. My buddy Had a female red tailed hawk that tried to take her food before she was supposed to and when she didn't get it, clamped down on his hand where she was perched. I couldn't pry her off, had to put his hand on the ground until she decided to let go. It was pretty painful and seemed a lot longer than it really was at the time. My favorite thing to feed them was snakes we'd catch. A red tail could easily take a small dog, though they might not be able to fly away with it.

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

That would be a VERY short period of time with me. Birds with broken necks and no air in their lungs don't have much grip. :D

12. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Did it look like this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Meat AND vegetables. :D

14. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

It is probably a hippy bird.

15. burner42

burner42 Well-Known Member

Makes the wife happy. enough said?
    I have a big red Labrador! But those little guys kinda grow on you:D
    Damn those are big talons on that bird!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  16. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

Hawks have been hanging around my yard lately, I'm sure attracted to the songbirds around my bird feeders. Yesterday, saw a hawk land under one of the feeders sizing up its next meal. Several blue jays went absolutely berserk, squawking and screaming like you wouldn't believe. Two jays attacked the hawk and chased him off. I watched as they stayed on his tail for as far as I could see. Very cool. Good for them for protecting their area and their little friends.

17. RDJeff

RDJeff Well-Known Member

A few years ago, a retired couple was walking their little dogs (don't know the breed) on the docks in Valdez, Alaska, when a bald eagle swooped down and snatched one up. The lady was screaming for someone to do something as the eagle flew away with Fluffy...:rolleyes:

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The movie Proposal with Sandra Bullock has a scene with a dog getting snatched up by the bird of prey. :D

19. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

that was a great scene :D

20. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

I don't know if the bird screams but perhaps the prey does. I was in my friends back yard and heard an aweful screech, looked up just in time to see a hawk grab a dove in mid air. Nothing but a poof of feathers.