1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 x 8 Trailer, 2 bikes?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by arcdeducati, Jul 14, 2010.

1. arcdeducati

arcdeducati Active Member

Anyone try to fit 2 bikes in a 5 x 8 enclosed? I know it be really tight but would like to here if anyone has done it before. I'm looking to pick up my first trailer and found one for really cheap locally. I don't have a garage and need a place to keep a my track bike. Up until now it's been floating between TD buddies houses. Thanks.

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Yes, easily.

3. vance

vance *

Very very easily with pitbull restraints and no tie downs.

4. arcdeducati

What about with tie downs? Done it before? The price of 2 Pit Restraints is equal to the price of the trailer.

5. Tractionless

Tractionless Well-Known Member

'Cuz Pit Bull is like any other brand name, you pay for the name. That's why I don't own any Pitbull stands etc. and my generic units haven't failed me yet. You can easily get 2 bikes in there tied down tie the outsides down to the trailer and tie the bikes together in between.

6. vance

vance *

Tractionless just bought my 5x8 enclosed:D
    I put a 600 and a tz 125 in mine pretty easily. I've not done two full sized bikes, but I'm sure it's no problem even with tie downs.

7. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

Yes, no problem.

8. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

Invest in at least one pitbull TRS. You will have it for life and it will make loading the bikes way easier. After a hot track day you will not be happy strapping the 2nd bike down.

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

wow you cant be more wrong dude... pitbull is the brand that R&D's, engineers, tests and markets the stuff, then they support the community as much or more than any other manf out there.

Love Pitbull. Built for life.

There was a thread on here a while ago where pitbull had discovered a problem with some pins, and they offered to swap EVERYONES out for free... do you think one of those chinese knock-offs would do that?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  10. brandonh98

brandonh98 Well-Known Member

Took 2 bikes plus two peoples track gear and everything needed to survive for four days in a 5x8 trailer....I know it looks tight when you look at it...but once you get the bikes in there you wonder "what the hell was I worried about"...

11. motoford

motoford Well-Known Member

+1. For my first trackday I needed stands, and I waited too late to order any, the only ones I could get locally were Pit Bill. I was not happy about the price but WOW. I've never been more pleased to spend so much more money on a product.

Built for life and winning customers for life.

12. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Yes. you could probably get creative and slide a third in there facing the other direction if you really wanted to. ample space.

13. goose705

goose705 Well-Known Member

5 X 8 fits two bikes easy!

This trailer is set up two hold two ss bikes a genny, gas jugs and a honda 50. Easy one person loading. The pitbull stands are invaluable it would be tre' difficult otherwise.

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      504.9 KB
      Views:
  14. goose705

no 3 bikes in a 5X8 unless there tiny.

In a 5X8??? You are not fitting 3 bikes in there unless there small! : )

As far as the pitbulls go, my buddy and I say at least once every trip how they are the greatest thing ever invented.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      534.8 KB
      Views:
  15. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

I've fit a BMW R1100S and a CBR600RR + a ton of gear, easily.

16. arcdeducati

Thanks everyone. I'm picking her up tomorrow morning.

17. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

Sure you can.

3bikes.JPG

18. vance

vance *

Ha! I just bought a 4x8 from Harbor Freight and was going to do exactly that!
    I decided after I put my 600 and tz side by side, I only needed the 4x8.:D

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hauled two full size from FL to Tenn in a 5X8 strapped down. No problem.

20. goose705

not happening in an enclosed 5X8

I'm referring to an enclosed. You are not getting three big bikes in there unless you are David Copperfield!