1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

armourbodies feedback - fitment issues

Discussion in 'General' started by w00tw00t, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

Then we'd have other people coming in telling that person how "they" had problems with it... so what's the difference? :rolleyes:

2. superbikestore

superbikestore Well-Known Member

I think it's important that people share there experience with a product both positive and negative. If one guy has a problem with a product, and doesn't even bother to contact the company to gain a resolution, then no one else chimes in about the product, then said product gets a bad rep when it could be a one off situation that the company may be willing to set right.

Instead, maybe the future readers will see how many people are happy with the product, and draw their own conclusions.

When some painter comes on here and starts running his mouth and saying how gay it is for people to post up their experience since it differs from his, (on a public forum, that the original poster made a thread about) I'm thinking said painter has an ulterior motive and may not truly be unbiased. Sounds like the painter is the "bro handler" to me, whatever that phrase means..

What was the point of the original post to begin with if not to share information and get feedback? If no feedback or additional opinions were wanted, then don't post it to begin with.

3. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

If everyone came in here and agreed with the OP then i think the consensus would be that the product sucks. If the majority post up that their experience differ from the OP's then that may suggest that this is a rare problem.

Someone in this thread has even offered a possible explanation based on fact as to why the OP is having fit up issues.

The FIRST step after the fitment issue was seen should have been contacting Armour Bodies, not starting a thread on the BBS. The OP made no mention of any attempt to contact AB. There could be a myriad of reasons why the OP's bodywork doesn't fit but from what i've read and experienced, and in my super duper long distance phone converstations with Billy, I believe he and his company are one that will go the extra mile to remedy the sitiuation.

It is still my reccomendation that the OP contact AB directly and work it out with them and let us know if and how it is resolved.

4. w00tw00t

w00tw00t Active Member

I've contacted AB and their distributer Woodcraft directly. Again my intent was only to share my experience with the product, nothing more. Before buying AB, I did my research just like everyone else, found both good and bad experiences online - mostly good though, so I decided to go ahead and had bad luck -- I got a set off their bad batch maybe and they didn't fit for me. If they're fitting well for others then that's great. future buyers can make their own mind up - atleast the future buyers will know that its not all perfect and there are some bad batches out there so they'll be extra careful when buying these.

But again, if the admins here feel this should be delete - please go ahead.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  5. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Good post Eric, I would agree with you 100%.

6. superbikestore

I don't think your thread should be deleted. Your completely justified in posting your experience. Hopefully the feedback that was posted will help you get the issue resolved. I'm confident that the situation will be made right if there was an error in manufacturing. I deal with Woodcraft on a daily basis, and they do the right thing. They have always been nothing but professional and customer oriented in my dealings with them. They are definitely one of the bright spots of the industry.

7. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

I guess the ulterior motive would be . Parts made in china are not using americans ( or north americans) to build it .. Not using materials from north america or the U S .. Not us workers Or again North america.. Bla Bla Bla... Only hurts Amreican tax payers. People who live an work in the country.

I stated that as an ulterior motive earlier.

Billy Said he can't make it in north america. But Why can other people make it in north america and he can't??

If he goes to china to make bodywork he should sell it in china.

It is not like buying a Japanes Motorcycle of a german car that is actually better than we in the US make.

Lets get real about it here.

Do you actually make the parts or are you just a person that makes a buck selling them.

Back to the thread. I have spoke w Billy and he was OK to talk to and handled my experience pretty well. I have had a couple assosiations w his product and shared my experience. woopty do

I think he should go back to building the good shit in Canada instead of this aftermarket stuff he makes in China. IMO

Lighten up Bro handler :)

8. w00tw00t

w00tw00t Active Member

I just got a call from Billy @ AB - overall just the fact that he called back and is standing by the quality of their product and is willing to work with me on the fitment issues has left me feeling a whole lot better about this situation.

At this point, I'm leaning towards my fitment issues being an isolated incident and the majority of the sets fit fine....

9. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

Armour Bodies all good over here!

Had mine painted by Andrew before I even saw them and every mounting point lined up perfectly.

10. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

I also don't think your thread should be deleted.

Now that it's been started and you've shared your initial experience, I at least would like to know how it works out.

Prior to me ordering my bodywork Billy called around to all his distributors to see if any still had 2004 10R sets in stock. Nobody did, and the moulds were pretty much mothballed, so he gave me a killer deal on a set for a 2008 10R that i had to tinker with to get it to fit.

11. superbikestore

How is making it in Canada any better for the American taxpayers than making it in China ?

So it's ok to buy a foreign made product when it suits your quality standards, such as a motorcycle, but not bodywork i reckon?

Ever consider that it could hurt the economy by only offering American made bodywork for $400 more a set? A lot of guys can't afford to spend that kind of money on their bike, so then what? No racing, no wera, no paying the painter to paint it for them,etc..

There are many points to be made. It's a global economy now whether you like it or not. I'm all for supporting american made products when it makes sense, but if you are going to preach that line you'd best be riding a Buell with Sharskinz on it, and pulling it to the race track with your ford, and wearing some Syed or Barnacle Bill leathers.. ;) Those A*'s made in the Philippines or Pakistan aint going to cut it.

To W00tW00t, glad you've got some recourse on this. Please post up the final resolution.

12. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

Yeah. Go ahead and buy some oversea's bodywork. Just try not to put any of us out of work that are trying to make a living. :)

13. scottb

scottb Well-Known Member

DSC00008.JPG This is my first set of AB. They fit perfectly and the painter loved them also.

14. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying you shouldn't post up your feedback, but to post negative before even giving the company a chance to fix it isn't fair. Would you have even called them had you not been called out on that? And not everyone is going to make a whole new thread because the product went on perfect, yet everyone feels the need to make a new thread when the product isn't perfect everytime. Just saying things get skewed this way.

Also, without a bike on hand i'm not sure how QC can even tell if each and every set will have fitment issues or not.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  15. Steverin06

Steverin06 Well-Known Member

Wasn't impressed at all with the fitment of my ABs.