1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

paging Bill Conger (resident fast guy)

Discussion in 'General' started by ToddClark, Apr 28, 2003.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

post up details about your collar bone injury and let us know if you made it home ok.

Hope all is well and to see you back out with us SOON!!

2. Congo2

Congo2 Well-Known Member

scapula is broken or fractured and his foot is broken. I am sure he will pipe in when he gets a chance for more details.

3. Congo2

Congo2 Well-Known Member

oops, not scapula. broken collarbone, although there is no displacement so it should he correctly. Foot is currently in a boot and he is contemplating surgery.

4. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Bill, sorry to hear about your crash. :eek:

Get well, dude.

5. T-Shirt Racing

T-Shirt Racing Well-Known Member

Bill,
    Sorry to hear about you having an accident. What happened, & where? If you need any help explaining what happened just ask Huey for some help. He's quite good with the colorful explinations these days. I hope that you heal quickly, I'll be praying for ya.
    Well I've been saying that your so fast that you could outrun me and half the field with 1 hand and leg tied behind your back. I guess that's how you'll have to practice for now. :D

6. novice52

novice52 there, but not really

sucks about your crash bill, get well soon man. :)

7. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

I didn't know about his foot. When I last saw him towards the end of the day he was walking just fine

8. WERA 20

WERA 20 Well-Known Member

When did he wreck, on Sunday? In the heavyweight solo 20 with around three laps to go I was going into the bowl behind a backmarker, he took a weird line stood me up and someone bumped me from behind. I looked back and it was #60, he went off but he did not go down. Excellent save Conger. Hope you get better man. Sounds like you had a rough weekend.

9. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I shot video of Bill's lowside in the SATURDAY heavyweight Solo20. It was fairly innocuous, and he re-teched and continued the race. I assume this is the not same wreck that hurt him? Anyway, if he want a file of his crash, I could arrange it.

10. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Broken collarbones suck!

Sorry to hear about your crash Bill. :( Give me a call if you need anything as I'm about 4 weeks ahead of you in the healing department. ;)

Rest up and get well soon! :cool:

11. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Nooooooo! Say it ain't so! I heard a rumor at MARMO yesterday, but was hoping it wasn't true. :( Bill, I'll give ya a call later to check up on you. Heal fast!

12. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Bill, Sorry to hear about you crash. Heal quick and get back out there sir. :D

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Damn Bill, hate to hear that. Hang in there. Broken collarbones suck but at least no displacement.

14. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I should be fine in a month or so if I choose not to have my foot operated on. If so it could be longer.

Definitely a rough weekend. I felt like a pin ball. Got hit pretty good in the MW solo 20 in the first lap. The HW solo I lost a knee puck and broke a brake lever, didn't think I would make it to turn one. Some how everyone made it through still standing. Later got a nudge off entering the bowl and was headed for the biggest tree out there. Managed to miss the tree and stop before the big ditch just behind it without going down. I used up all my luck on that one. Sunday in the 600SB race I tucked the front going into the nineties, trying to avoid making contact with the leader. Fortunately, I didn't take anyone out with me and my bike doesn't appear to bad.

I'll be at VIR, hopefully riding, not spectating, see everyone there!

15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I didn't realize you were hurt Bill. :( You did have a pretty stressful weekend and I hope VIR goes better for you. :)

16. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

Get well soon Bill. I sure know the dissappointment you are feeling. Come over and I'll let you mow my grass so you can work on that collar bone and the foot at the same time! :D

17. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

Kendall 6:30 at HOPS is a go on my end let me know if it works for you.. When you get done with Bill can you send him over to my house to cut the grass next... Get well Bill.

18. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

I'm down wid dat.

Bill you are welcome to come also. (Hops in Pineville)

19. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Heal up Bill, I was behind you guys when you went down in the nineties in 600SB. It looked pretty nasty. I too went off in the bowl in 600SS same spot you did & went all the way too the ditch edge. It was very muddy down there, I was darn lucky not to have went down. I definetly used up some of my luck in that one.

:)
    Roy

20. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

THREAD HI-JACK!

Andrew, how's that baby? Hope everyone's doing fine.