Patchwork RIGHT BEFORE a National?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rookie, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Rookie

Rookie -

Sooooo, there's all these rumors that Grattan's new patchwork is like a slip and slide.........

AWESOME!

Everyone NOT dropping out, please be safe!

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, we're having a great time right now....

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Mmmmmkay, this sounds bad...

4. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

...........the "evening" before a national.

5. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Heh.. track people do dumb things sometimes.. They repaved a section of Streets of Willow right before a track day this year and the bikes tore it to pieces in less than a day.

6. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

pretty fuckin retarded! i just got here a little while ago to get some laps around here today......oh well. it has to be that fucking, sean clarks fault! :Dthis place has a bad ass layout, tho. i wish there was some decent pavement. this place would be fun. waiting.............

7. mille52

mille52 Old, Slow and Not Crabby

Update's on track operation status please.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No running today. Working on it now and it seems to be improving so we think it'll be good for tomorrow.

Fucking Salenius is the cause of all the trouble.

9. mille52

mille52 Old, Slow and Not Crabby

Skip made them put sealer down, damn.

I have a rider / teammate out with a broken wrist as a result of the brilliant decision to seal the track last night.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I know, that totally sucks ass for Eddie. I'm going to stop talking now before I say things I regret...

11. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Did they seal it because there was a problem?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure. There were no issues on Monday when others rode the track.

13. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

Ahhh....damn! Get well Eddie!

Did a lot of people fall in practice this morning or what?

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Good luck to the racers at Gratten and to WERA.

15. sgr62004

sgr62004 Well-Known Member

That sucks! I feel horrible for Eddie, he's riding awesome this year and rarely touches the ground. Heal up quick brother

16. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

We're on it Monday. IIRC last time they did this it was about four/five days prior to one of our events.. it rained pretty hard and then cars went on it the day before our event, no such luck for you racers.

17. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Just damn...

What owner/operator makes such a dumbass decision about their facility knowing bikes will be on the next day?

Good luck, racer dudes.

18. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

My memory says this happened there before, circa late 1980s or early 1990s. I can't remember all the details but I think it was also a 4th of July weekend.

19. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Grattan isn't the only track that has pulled a stunt like this...But that blows, particularly for Eddie...

20. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

It's happened more recently than that, like in 2009 at the National round. We went for a trackwalk after Friday practice and they were out there in their pickup with 5 gal pails of sealer and an amply supply of beer. They would slop a gallon or two out and then start pushing it around with a squeegee.