1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep Zac Chapman in your thoughts and prayers

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Aug 10, 2009.

1. bel-biv

bel-biv Well-Known Member

Very happy to read that things are moving along and Zac is getting better.
    Continued thoughts and prayers your way...

2. Yuliya

Yuliya Well-Known Member

Please continue with prayers..

6-21

Zac had his Wendy's cheeseburger today, in pureed form. Although it did not look that appealing, Zac said it was good to him! The speech therapist did let me get Zac a frosty and she was going to add thickener to it, re-freeze it, and Zac was going to have some of it with dinner tonight. We will have to see how it tasted for him!

Found out that Zac didn't get to eat dinner or his frosty tonight because he got sick to his stomach. I think his body will need time to adjust to real food again. Pray for Zac tonight...

6-22

Zac taken back to ER today with low oxygen sats and difficulty/labored breathing. He will be admitted back to Harris. Please pray for him, he is so sick of this.

6-23

Zac had a CT scan done late last night of his chest, no Dr. in yet to review results. They have Zac on oxygen through his nose, a low setting, to keep him breathing a liitle more comfortably. His white blood cell count is elevated, so there seems to be infection somewhere. They are not allowing Zac to eat anything until speech therapy comes and evaluates his swallowing. He is so weak and this is affecting his swallowing. Zac is so tired of being in the hospital, he is a little down. Thank you all for your prayers, keep them up!!!

Well, Zac is a little worse today. He is still requiring oxygen for his difficulty breathing, and he sounds congested. The speech therapist gave him some thickened water, but Zac was not able to swallow it well, so they are not allowing anything by mouth for now.

The CT scan and an echocardiogram showed that Zac does have some fluid around his left lung and also around his heart. The lung Dr. said that the amount of fluid around the lung is minimal. The heart Dr. said that the amount of fluid around the heart will be monitored and should be handled with medicine. Zac is having some pain and discomfort and also had a temp of 102 today. Thank you for your prayers!!

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Praying for you Zac...right now!

4. the mother

the mother Love my 250

Keep fighting Zac my prayer's are sent for you and your family.GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.

5. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Praying for you Zac. I really hope you can get out of there soon.

6. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Zac,

Your story thus far has been one of pure strength and triumph from both you and your family. I've never met you or your family, but I hope that one day I can shake your hand at a WERA race. You and you alone have giving me many moments of inspiration and determination and thank you for that. Keep up the fight young man, and know that the roadracing world is still praying for you.

7. 2old2fat2slow

2old2fat2slow DragonKnee Racing

Still praying for you Zac. Hang tough brother. We all want to see you recover from this trial.

8. zacsmom

zacsmom Well-Known Member

Sat. 6-26
    At the hospital with Zac. He is getting blood right now because his hemoglobin was too low. He is not running a temp and his blood pressure has come up. The cardiologist said they will monitor the fluid ( which he said is thicker than liquid, like runny jello) around zac's heart.
    They cannot explain why Zac keeps collecting fluid around his heart and lungs. We need to ask God to take care of this because if it doesn't resolve, or keeps happening, it will damage the lining around his heart and major surgery will be required. God, you have brought Zac so far, keep up the miracles in his life, please take care of this fluid completely and permanently!!

Sun. 6-27
    There will be a fundraiser for Zac this Tuesday at the Ci Ci's pizza here in Weatherford located at 325 Adams Dr. It is from 11:00am-10:00pm. This is for dine in or carry out, but you must mention Zac's name. Please come and help out a very deserving young man :)

Mon. 6-28
    At the hospital with Zac. One Dr. has come so far and said Zac is looking better. There is to be a repeat echocardiogram done today which the cardiologist will have to read, and we are waiting on blood cultures done yesterday to see if they grow anything. Speech therapy will also take a look at him to see if it is safe for Zac to resume eating anything by mouth. Although Zac is moving his arms and legs better, his voice is still weak, so I don't know if he is ready for that yet. I know he wants to be able to eat again, so I will pray for added strength in that area.
    There is a chance that Zac will be dismissed from the hospital late today, but more likely he will get to leave tomorrow. This depends on the echo and blood work of course.

Tues. 6-29
    Zac is being dismissed from the hospital today. I was told that he will be allowed to eat pureed food, but only with the speech therapist. That is better than no food at all by mouth!

9. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Thanks for the update. Glad to see he is being discharged.

10. the mother

the mother Love my 250

My prayer's go out for you Zac, for God to heal you in all area's of his body.In god's name. Amen

11. zacsmom

Zac had an appt. on the 2nd with his neurosurgeon in Dallas. The Dr. said that more testing needed to be done to determine the extent of nerve damage that is affecting the right side of Zac's face. This testing can be done in Dallas when he returns to BIR.
    Zac is getting therapy again at the courtyards after a period of waiting on medical red tape. He is only allowed to eat with the speech therapist, but he did very well yesterday when I was present for a session. She is allowing him to only eat about 2 oz at this time, but she is probably going to increase the amount.
    If all goes as planned, someone from BIR will come tomorrow to look at Zac and review his medical records to see if now is the time for a transfer back to BIR. Zac is ready for this; he wants to keep moving forward and making progress.
    Thank all of you for your continued prayers and support!

12. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Keeping Zac in my thoughts - glad to read he's been discharged.

13. the mother

the mother Love my 250

You go Zac, keep pushing forward and don't look back. My prayer's go out everynight to that he will bless and let you make a full recovery and for your family .GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.

14. Yuliya

Yuliya Well-Known Member

7-7

Kim from BIR came today and is going to be sending zac's medical info into his insurance, Aetna. Then here we go again, waiting on approval to get him back to BIR. She said if they approve, there is a chance Zac could be at BIR early next week.
    Zac did not want to go sooner than Monday because he is still hoping to go to a CMRA race that will be at Cresson this weekend. All of you that would like to come see Zac while he is still in the Ft. Worth area probably need to do it before Monday or Tuesday :)

via Jenny

15. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

.....and he still has racing on his mind! Yeah, I guess its pretty addicting. Continued prayers sent to Zack and the entire family.

16. zacsmom

Found out Zac is headed to BIR tomorrow! Watch out Dallas, you got a fighter on your hands :)

17. 2old2fat2slow

2old2fat2slow DragonKnee Racing

Keep up the positive attitude Zac!

18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Keep it up Zac! I remember Chuck posting the story about you driving the rig and you told him ''I'm from Texas, I can drive anything!'' Keep that attitude and spirit, nothing will stop you.

19. the mother

the mother Love my 250

Keep fighting Zac u can do it. Heard you were at the track this weekend. I hear some of the guy's shook your hand and that you HAD one mean grip. I wish I could have been there to meet you and the great person behind you Your MOM. Well I hope you had a great day . Keep up the good work. And maybe next time I will get to meet you. My prayer's are alway's with you. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU...

20. blakej755

blakej755 Well-Known Member

I've never had a post on this thread but it's time. I guess cause I was in the same race As the accident but So glad to hear ur doing good Zac!!! I'll keep checking on ya an getting updates from ur ol buddy Chuck Ivy.