Umbrella Girl on Palomar: 6/19

Discussion in 'General' started by hemiths, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Tard

Tard Well-Known Member

Oh yea there will be some squids binning it up there, they always do. My first time down that thing I almost did it too...downhill, double apex decreasing radius turns are tricky when you go into it thinking its a single apex.

I really do wish I could hit that place with my zuma 125...it would be so fun...downhill of course, smallest bike I have taken up was a stock DRZ 400 and I almost killed it.

2. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Haha cant wait to see the pics.

3. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

I rode it about a week ago. Had not been on it in years. I noticed the same thing. I couldn't believe how many skid marks were on the entrance into most of the corners.

As for the topic of the thread. Wow.

4. I use those skidmarks as braking markers. Gotta love pally.

5. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

My fiancee went riding up there a few weeks ago and she's been raving about it ever since. Loved it.

6. hemiths

hemiths Well-Known Member

;)

Btw, Optimal called me and said the fairings should be in by this coming week. I'm going to stop in and pic up some fasteners and a few odds and ends. Plus I have to get the 003's mounted before ButtonWillow.

That's right, I get my parts from www.cyclesector.com :D

C-Bay? If that's who your talking about, shoot me a pm, brother.

7. SPDKLZ

SPDKLZ Well-Known Member

C'mon guys, she is just a girl. Yes, an attractive girl, but what were models before they became models? Just girls at your local club/bar/college/store, etc.

Point is, I am sure many of you have very attractive girlfriends, spouses or friends who would not mind doing something like this. Heck, set it up as a charity event or charge a dollar per pic and donate it. All it takes is getting one of your attractive friends to be confident enough in her body to do something like this and not have unruly guys (and girls for that matter) acting crazy with them.

I have been to many car shows, bike shows and races and have shown my cars at many...I always see girls walking around with a load of guys following them. Many of the girls were flat out ugly, but they were out there.

8. HPzie

HPzie Member

Palomar is sure not a place for beginner, I ride Palomar every Sunday mornin from 8-10 then hit Mesa, OJH, HVR home. Be safe out ther tomorrow, I am sure it gonna be busy with this beautiful girl there. I might skip Sunday and ride tomorrow just to show her my support :)

9. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Hey any body got a bike I can burrow Or I can ride with them??

10. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Not kidding, I will treat it with care, I am a safe rider I haven't been up there in a while and My bike got stolen. I can ride with you the whole time just so you know where the bike is I don't care what kind of bike it is.

11. hemiths

hemiths Well-Known Member

***UPDATE***

Two umbrella girls!

1. We will be raffling off tickets to the Padres game tomorrow for donations.

2. We have a pro photog as well raffling off a CD of pictures to the winner.

Come support the cause :D

12. From what i have heard/read from people in that area, when is it not full of squids?

I know of guys who have actually kept up with "lap" times down Palomar. :rolleyes:

When i first saw this thread, my initial reaction was "it is fucking sad when 'we' don't have umbrella girls but damn 'canyon racers' do".

13. With all of the attention (IRL and online) im sure it is only a matter of time before that road is ruined, just publicity did to the Dragon.

14. 92cobra

92cobra Well-Known Member

You guys are so lucky to have places to ride like that, down here in Florida were lucky to find a nice big round about to do circles around!
    Keep enjoying it and be safe.

15. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

So what's a good lap time on Palomar? :D

16. styles

styles The untrained eye

ha! This from the meetup group? I saw a bunch of posts flying around about this.

17. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I went up there today it was ok alot of people crashing the girls where good looking tho :)

18. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

"I went up there today. It was ok. A lot of people crashing. The girls were good looking though."

Is this what you meant to say?
    Steve

19. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Thanks for the grammar lesson.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Grammar.

:D