1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spidi Gloves = shit?

Discussion in 'General' started by TrackStar, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Thanks! She had only done a couple sessions saturday afternoon but luckily she picked up the place pretty quick. She liked the place a lot though-the walls there scare the crap out of me so I don't race there anymore.

2. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Yeah, she was doing great. I am pretty sure I have seen you out there when I was racing a few years ago at GIR, prolly 2001-2004. :beer:

3. superbikestore

superbikestore Well-Known Member

I've had a couple pair of spidi's, they weren't bad. I crashed one pair twice, 2nd time burned small holes in fingers but it was about a 110mph slide all the way on the pavement. 2nd pair of Spidi's I had (carbo six) are still in tact, but that crappy screen stuff on the side of the pinky's started breaking up and scratching my paint. I just crashed a pair of Held Phantom's this weekend where my hand got caught under the clipon in a lowside, tore up the glove a bit and busted a seam, but my hands do not have any rash. I ordered another pair.

4. ScreamingSon

ScreamingSon Well-Known Member

Thank you for making me very paranoid about my gloves ripping off now:)

5. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Yeah, no glove is perfect but Im gonna put my hands in Helds!

6. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Where was this thread last week? This past weekend I bought a new pair of the Penta's from a member on another forum. Oh well, they'll just go for street duty now. I've worn Held on the track over the years with no crash problems.

7. Ducky_Fresh

Ducky_Fresh I liek cake.

+1

8. mcskeeto

mcskeeto Well-Known Member

I had the same experience with the Pentas.

9. zman-scm

zman-scm Well-Known Member

had Spidi Carbo six
    4 track days never crashed and the seems on fingers left hand came apart and on the right side the stiching on the palm came undone

Called Spidi and since they were in between US dist
    they said they couldnt do anything
    After arguing with Spidi i gave up and just threw them
    in the trash.