The question? What is the least expensive way to get on the race track?

Discussion in 'General' started by CHROMEKID01, Jun 14, 2010.

1. CHROMEKID01

CHROMEKID01 Ebay pimp seller

Been to several schools and been doing track days for years,ride advanced group most always, I am just tryin to build the bike for cheap..and looking to see what Ideas everyone can come up with....not trying to cheap out on the needed stuff to safely ride just tryin to build on the cheap.

Seems hunting a F2/F3 is the common way to go...any other ideas maybe thinkng outside the box a bit?

2. CHROMEKID01

+1:up:

3. If you are worried about a budget, don't worry about "go fast goodies".

One rule that has, and always will hold true is that you can only have 2 of the following things at one time:

- Fast
    - Cheap
    - Reliable

4. CHROMEKID01

LOL:up:

5. zyre2503

zyre2503 Well-Known Member

Be a Control Rider

6. 178SV

178SV now retired...

Sounds to me like you already have a plan on what you want to do and no ones sound advice in this thread will change your course.

7. That is the case in 99% of forum threads where people are asking for advice.

Their mind is already made up; they are just looking for validation for the decision they have already made.

8. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

cheapest way = DON'T CRASH.

9. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

10. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

:stupid:

11. CHROMEKID01

Not so much a plan as much as a budget and and a idea, now I am also not one of the clueless masses either being that I sell sportbike parts for a living so I am always pretty close to the racing, and I do track days alot...

really this thread was an exploratory one in as much as I wanted to see how or what everyone would suggest or try to build to go racing, who'd a thunk it but the majority said CBR600F2, I was hoping that when I set the $1500.00 for bike prepped that it would evoke a response of older less used bikes but it really was just the door that opened up find a cheaper used race bike...

So after all this the plan has changed a bit and the search is on for CBR stuff, gonna see what I have in my "toy box" http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=220187 and then see what else I still need:up:

12. tikki50

tikki50 Well-Known Member

what about finding a deal on a wrecked bike sometimes you can get those pretty cheap. It may take time to find the parts to replace at a cheap rate and you really dont need fairings so its all mechanical repairs.

13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Half? More like a couple of seasons if you change that to Dunlop GT501s. :D

Up until this past weekend racing my '97 ninja has been like racing a pit bike (~2 years). Jump on, race, have fun, park. Repeat. At Tally I think it sucked a booger into one of the carbs, so I have to fix it.

That would be a labor of love, and I don't think you would have too many people out there with which to race.

Get a ninjette and and at some rounds you will have tons of people to play with, parts if you crash and help to fix it. Lot of knowledge, too.

14. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Burn :crackup:

15. CHROMEKID01

Update:

I now have a CBR600F2 frame, swingarm,shock,tank,rer wheel, triples,clip ons,radiator and some other misc....the build thread will be coming soon as it should be interesting to see me build a track/race ready bike for about nothin LOL I will be begging, borrowing and pleading for alot of stuff LOL!!!

Thank you all for the advice and see I even took some of it:)

16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

You should probably mosey on over to the vintage forum and get all the info you need from the V-7 nutters

Ken

17. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

G0-kart track on a kids dirtbike with smooth tires. Open practice as cheap as $15.

18. Big Deezul

Big Deezul Gossamer has MOJO!!!

19. CHROMEKID01