1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RSV4 going to gear driven cams?

Discussion in 'General' started by TROX, Jun 12, 2010.

1. TROX

TROX I'm Rider D.

The Aprilia Alitalia Racing RSV4 Factory went from chain driven cams to gear driven cams at Miller last weekend for Biaggi's third sweep race weekend of the year (6 wins in 2010 so far, Wooo!). When questioned if he could feel a difference between the old and new engine, the Roman Emperor said that he really couldn't, but that the team would be using the new engine for the duration of the year. Do you think that the 2011 or 2012 RSV4 (R or factory) will see a new engine as well? And more importantly, do you think it will matter?

2. michaelrc51

michaelrc51 Well-Known Member

Someone one the Aprilia forum said he was called about a second recall yesterday....maybe this is why since he said that they didn't give him a reason?

3. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

maybe they will call me up and offer me the gear driven cams :) they are expensive to buy in the corse catalog

4. michaelrc51

michaelrc51 Well-Known Member

yeah, I guess that is really wishful thinking:D

Wonder what the recall is?

5. TROX

TROX I'm Rider D.

Recall #2 eh? What a shame... Please post up any info when you find out what's up.

6. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

One owner's dealer in Ohio, no other owners on the Apriliaforum have heard anything about it yet.