1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USC in trouble.... again

Discussion in 'General' started by random hero, Jun 10, 2010.

1. random hero

random hero Banned

From the sound of things, this must be pretty serious... even talks of stripping Regie Bush of the Hiesman. Never liked Pete Carol, too bad he's gone and won't be phased by the antics under his watch a few years ago. Either way, USC is looking to lose a lot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5267933

2. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

2 year ban for USC yet they completely and permanently destroyed the football program at SMU. Nice.

3. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Its a shame the coaches responsible for that time frame don't get any punishment. They are still involved in the NCAA somewhere. They should reap some of those rewards...

4. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

Haha!!! FU Kiffin.

(Not that I'd carry a chip on my shoulder or anything)

5. ajk4

ajk4 Well-Known Member

6. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

No, the coaching staff at SMU destroyed the football program at SMU. ;)

But I do see your point and agree.

7. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Actually Kiffin was an assistant at the time of the infraction, so this is Karma biting him in the ass. I'm pretty sure he knew this was coming but 4 mil a year apparently makes it tolerable for him.

I kinda hope the 2004 National Championship trophy goes to Auburn who was ranked 2nd that year after going 12-0 and getting shafted out of a shot at the title because of Chockelahoma.

War Eagle

8. Shogun rr

Shogun rr body work provider

I think it's sad for the current students on scholorship. USC also lost 20 scholorships and reggie bush still makes millions of dollars and Pete Carrol new it was coming and tood a multimillion dollar offer and wsent to the Seahawks. The same happened with O.J. Mayo in basketball. NCAA has a major problem and unffortunatly they don't want to fix it.

9. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

The NCAA is a huge freaking sham. These guys are stripping CURRENT student athletes of their scholarships because of something that happened while they were still in high school. STUPID. F the NCAA.

10. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Caveman Orgeron might have been also, and he would more than likely be the one that set up the shady deals. What a deal, buy players, leave the program, come back 5-6 years later when the school gets hammered for your indiscretions, and get 4 million a year to do it. Until coaches are banned for cheating, the Kiffins, and Calapari's of the world will continue. Hell, Calipari has got it down to a science. He has taken 2 teams to the final four and both have been stripped of that distinction, after he high tailed it out of town of course. If he had made it last year with Kentucky,he might have gone 3 for 3 in being stripped of final 4 appearances. The NCAA is looking into fake test scores and altered transcripts on at least one of the super freshman from last year who has already turned pro. He is such a snake in the grass, prominent coaches like Bobby Knight have called him out in the press for his cheating.

11. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

pffft....the University of Spoiled Children

12. random hero

random hero Banned

Has anyone ever been stripped of the Hiesman before?? Personally I'd rather dive into a pool of aids than ever have to be w/in 20' of Pete Carrol, the most arrogant fuck I've seen.... But something should happen to him to, make him pay his salary back, something.... It is a shame, and a reoccurring cycle, coaches cheat, win big games knowing they've cheating, and scamper out of town before they can be busted..... NCAA needs more "stand up guys"

13. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

Karma is a bitch.Fug Kiffin.

14. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Based on the violations he committed during his short time at Tennessee, I don't think things will improve at USC with Kiffin at the helm.

15. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

This brings up a whole 'nother issue... the NBA requiring players to be a certain age to enter the draft. So they go to college for a year, just because they can't enter the draft. The system is broken. Doesn't give anyone the right to cheat of course, but you basically making someone who has no desire to go to college, go to college for 1 year before they can enter their chosen profession. I hope more players head to Europe, etc. to play a year over there. A few have done it with mixed results I think.

16. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

If you think Pete or the coaching staff had any idea that Reggie's parents were living in a house rent free, then I think you're wrong. It is hard to police every student's family away form the University. What are they supposed to do, audit everyone's financials to make sure no improper benefits were being received. If you think the school would have let Reggie take any sort of improper benefit, you're kidding yourself.

Assuming the allegations are true (and OJ could be innocent too ;) ), I think there should be a revised way of handing down the penalties so that current student atheletes, completely unrelated to the old actions, are not penalized. Can they transfer without a 1 year waiting period? That would be a start. They should make USC pay for the scholarships for the schools they played against in 2004 or something. Make a big payment to an NCAA charity, and have some form of public humiliation for those involved.

Oh well, those were good years, the team was impressive, I'm a alum and am still a fan and am sad about the sanctions. I don't hold it against the school, I think this would have happened no matter which school Reggie went to.

Tough timing as Texas is poised to join the Pac-16.... ha!

17. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

I hope they do too. Then maybe the whining will stop in Lee County AL.:crackup:

Roll Tide

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

The University should sue his ass over this. But, if the Administration was aware of the indescretions, which is most likely the case then a lawsuit wouldn't get very far.

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

You don't really think this shit goes on without the coaches knowing do you... or at the very least, turning a blind eye to it? You are very naive if you think that coaches don't do that shit. Especially at major dominant universities like USC.

Teenagers aren't worth a shit at keeping their mouths shut especially when their parents are being taken care of in the alleged manner.

20. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Still bitter about that 6 year drought?:p