Roebling Road Crash!!

Discussion in 'General' started by ryjor1, Jun 7, 2010.

1. ryjor1

ryjor1 Well-Known Member

Is there anybody that got any pictures or video footage of the start of the last race at Roebling Road raceway? I was involved and Im trying to understand how I got my ankle broken. Weather it was my bike or somebody elses bike. BTW How do I get in contact with the man that was walking around selling the printed photos?

2. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

i would love to see some video as well, i just about put mine on for that race. not sure who the guy was but he took some awesome pics. btw sorry about running over your bike and takin the subframe off wish we could've avoided it but atleast i missed your head. heal up quick
    Curtis nov#180

heres one of the pics i got from him
    [​IMG]

3. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

Dude, you were flying out there!!! great job:up:

4. SurfingRools

SurfingRools Well-Known Member

I was nearly pinched into the inside wall. full throttle and someone came over to avoid the incident. Had to pull my hand off my left bar end and clinched for impact but somehow got through. I must of squeaked by him by inches
    Sucks for you guys for sure. Heal up quick mate!

5. SurfingRools

Good racing with you in C superstock! :beer:

6. SurfingRools

delete double post

7. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

thanks guys all crashing aside it was a great wknd. Definitley have to thank all of the wera officials and corner workers that were dodgin bikes on the grid trying to get out and help us. see yall at RA :up:

8. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

watched it from the gate. scariest crash ive ever seen. glad you are alright.

from what i saw a red bike wheelies/12 oclocked it. lost control. another bike hit it straight on and went end over end. not sure how the green bike was involved. saw him go off into the grass. the scoring tower blocked alot of my view so it was hard to say.

edit: may have my colors screwed up.

9. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

ron rink was the one on the green kawi that looped it at the start. Ryan the OP was on the red r6 that went flipping and landed on my bike (the one that ended up in the grass)

10. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I was one of those officials, and I must say that was one of the best and worst wrecks I have seen in a long time. I say the best because no one was seriously injured in what looked like a very bad wreck. Hope everyone heals fast. And the green kawi's rear tire did not grip very well and sent him to a low side as soon as he tried to make the start. From what I saw he did not have any chance of saving it.

11. ryjor1

ryjor1 Well-Known Member

I'll try to get to some races and cheer you guys on but Im sad and pissed to say that my season is over. maybe by nxt year I can get back on my feet financially after this hit and race again. Thanks to WERA officials and medics.

12. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

Ryan,

Man, you were in the air about 10 feet and obviously came down hard. I'm thinking just the impact from the hit to the ground is probably what broke your ankle. You and your bike jumped over Ron so he is very lucky that your bike did not land on him. That would have been real bad. Then I guess Curtis hit your bike when he was taking off and had nowhere to go. It was mentioned that Ron did not have traction when he took off and went to a low side off the start. Then he grabbed a handful of throttle and it looped. Ron missed the warm up lap but don't know how much that had to do with it.

Sorry your season is over but it was good to see you stand up (even if with help). I'm sure you heard everybody clapping. I know you are sad and mad but keep your chin up and look forward as this could have been so much worse.

Best of luck on a complete and quick recovery. :beer:

13. ryjor1

ryjor1 Well-Known Member

I know that I was lucky in certain ways and understand that it could have just as easily been death. Im just more depressed than in accual physical pain, haha. Racers race and when they cant....They get pissed!!! I'll be back, it will just take some time to get everything sorted out. One good thing is that ts a damn good reason to upgrede to a newer bike for nxt year!!

14. Aaron71

Aaron71 BEEMER

ryjor1- Heard about the accident, glad that you're okay, but sorry to hear about
    your ankle injury and that your season has ended prematurely!

Also- I've previously raced with Ron Rink in Europe. Never seen him loop
    a start in our short race history since 2003!

I know Ron feels extremly bad for what happened in that race on
    Sunday for all involved!!!

Hope to see all you guys back up and running soon!!

Regards,

15. Ryan, Jessie texted me last night and sent me a pic of your bike. That sucks man, im sorry to hear about it and to see your bike lik that. :(

Heal up quick :beer:

16. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Glad you guys came out OK. Seems there are always some bad crashes toward the end of the day. A few years back after I had packed and was on the way out I saw the life flight with not so fortunate results.
    I had my own low side on Sat and crashing indeed sux.
    Corner workers and WERA officials were awesome all weekend. From helping me get the bike back to my pit to checking on me after (thanx Emily and Sharon!). WERA is indeed a great family.

17. dpullen

dpullen Member

Hey Ryan, it sucks that you got injured, but I'm glad that it wasn't any worse than it was. I saw the start of things going bad for Ron, and once the bike turned around I knew it was going to be really bad for a bunch of other guys.

I hope to see you back before too long, my friend. I'm going to miss watching you blast past me with those awesome race starts you get...

You're going to be hell on wheels with whatever new bike you get, that's for sure!

Heal up quick, buddy.

- Dave

18. benjake

benjake DECEPTOR

Started dead last in that race.That was one scary wreck ,you will be back!!
    Last year i had bad wreck at pbir in may.Took 6 months before i could get back on bike.Was hoping to race you at jgp later this year! Good luck and heal up quick:up:

19. RRR

RRR Well-Known Member

My apologies

Ryan and Gixxercurt I spoke to both of you after the incident. I want to say sorry again for my very bad start. I screwed up the start and could not get the bike back under control before I fell off.

First, I'm glad everyone was relatively OK and sorry for both your bike damages.

Second, thumbs up for the Medics and WERA Officials for their great response and getting the area under control. Also big thanks for fellow riders and fans for staying clear of the crash site and showing great concern for their fellow riders and friends.

I will be back not sure for Tally but for sure RA! and I hope to see Ryan and Gixxercurt back as soon as they are able.

Again sorry for my screw up.

Ron #98

20. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

That's a "real" stand up guy. :up: